Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 12-04-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Scythan

Nihilism

www.counterorder.com

Just try it out; read a few things. You may find that you agree with it.
Scythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:51 AM   #2
TheKorovaMilkbar

Very nice. I really like their art section (and appreciate the simple fact that they HAVE an art section).
Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 AM   #3
Disfunction

I disagree with a great many things on that site; I mean, for one, the concept of Nihilism was originally fathered as an argument for Nietzsche as to why certain aspects of belief are necessary, otherwise there would be no intrinsic value to anything, etc. (paraphrasing) This site provides an alternate definition as far as philosophy is concerned which would be more appropriate to being given an alternative title.

*sighs*

Not to mention that they provide a flawed definition of the term "faith". I could go on and on.

It is interesting despite this... but.. eh...

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #4
Scythan

I don't agree with everything on that site. I agree with much more of its content than any other philosophy or way of thinking that I've come across. There are a few statements that I've thought about discussing with the author through email, but haven't gotten around to it.

I hadn't read that site for at least two years, until I posted that I was a nihilist in another thread. I reread much of the site and found that I use many of the same arguments that the author uses, and I agree with most of the content. That's never happened to me before. This is as close to my philosophy as I think anything can get.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:22 AM   #5
winged_dreams

Couldn't resist: No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #6
Beowulf

we believe in nothing Lebowski, nothing...
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #7
Wise Child

I guess I'm kind of a nihilist in the sense that I don't believe in absolutes, therefore beyond physical reality that doesn't leave much. The thing that put me off the site a little was the rhetorical attitude that anyone who DOES believe in anything is a stupid and misguided fool. But that aside, there were a few good points that got me thinking.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:14 AM   #8
Kireo-Umoshiae

I consider myself somewhat of a nihilist, and this is why: I'm not completely clear of the definition of nihilism, since it can be so perplexing, nor do I think I should. To me, nihilism is extreme skeptism. Believing in everything, therefore believing in something and nothing and questoning both. Basically, this is all uncertainty of whether we can trust and believe even what can be proven and seen with our own eyes.

After overlooking this, I realize that what I've said here doesn't clear up much, but that's my thesis.
Kireo-Umoshiae is offline   Reply With Quote