Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
BlacKat

Outfit for a goth guy that's not actually a guy?

I need to go out as a gothic guy for a particular event (long story involving semi-trans boyfriend and other such nice things). The problem I'm having is, well, a lot of gothic men's fashion I've found is rather androgynous, and androgynous clothing does not work well with crossdressing. So I figured I'd turn to you guys for ideas on fashions. Here's what I have so far:

Top: button-down shirt is probably the easiest. With binding on I fit into a boys size. May be a bit too formal.

Bottom: black pants slacks if I can find any that remotely fit

Shoes: Basic black oxford shoe, low heel and possibly heel lift inside
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Grausamkeit

Why would you need lifts in your shoes? There are as many short guys as girls in the world. I'm finding it hard to picture a masculine Goth outfit....

Go to google images and type in 'goth guy'. Ignore the morons wearing tripp pants because they have shit fashion sense. Pic a decent outfit and try to emulate it.

Or just google clive from Gypsy 83.

^_^

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
BlacKat

Lifts...it's one of those things, when you're doing crossdressing...you try to minimize as many traits as you can. Even if they're traits that some people of the opposite sex also have. There's more women at my height than men, so it's better to add a little height.

And yes I tried google already. It seems to vary between tripp pants, excessive piercings, and stuff I don't think exists around here.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
Grausamkeit

He's so adorable! ^_^ I want a Clive to carry in my pocket.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
Solumina

Something tells me HP will be all over those shoes.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
CornSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post

He's so adorable! ^_^ I want a Clive to carry in my pocket.
Don't we all.
CornSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
AshleyO

No. A gothic male outfit would be something along the lines of black combat boots, black pants or even camo pants, a goth rock band tee shirt, and a black denim vest.

It's really not that hard, to be honest. I'm surprised this is much of a conversation.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
Jon Wane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
No. A gothic male outfit would be something along the lines of black combat boots, black pants or even camo pants, a goth rock band tee shirt, and a black denim vest.
IDK... that could pretty easily be any cliched masculine stereotype for one of many sub-cultures (what you described makes me think of crusties more than anything... just switch out the Gothic shirt for an Axegrinder one, haha).
Jon Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #9
BlacKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post

It's really not that hard, to be honest. I'm surprised this is much of a conversation.
I've also found that has the same effect on me as torn fishnet and crazy hair - it makes me look rather like a highschool truant. There may not be an age limit on goth, but one should not have the exact same styles all the way up.