Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #26
Alan

Darkwave is the (more) pretentious side of the goth scene but it's still a part of it.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #27
Naunet

I have been doing research, Grausamkeit. And last time I checked, neoclassical darkwave does count as Gothic music. Now if you would please, I would like you to call me a dense retard before I report you yet again.
Naunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #28
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naunet View Post
I have been doing research, Grausamkeit. And last time I checked, neoclassical darkwave does count as Gothic music. Now if you would please, I would like you to call me a dense retard before I report you yet again.
If you've been doing your own research then why do you need to ask us anything?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #29
Naunet

I can see how it can be called pretentious, but to be honest it's the type of Goth music I like.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #30
Alan

Then it's turn for my own question.
How the hell do you find the links I sent you as headbanging material?
real classy
Old 09-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #31
Naunet

I wanted to see whether or not I was getting the wrong impression as to whether neo-classical darkwave really counted.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #32
Alan

Quote:
but to be honest
Hence. I think the world you're looking for is hence.

"I can see how it can be called pretentious, hence it's the type of Goth music I like."
real classy
Old 09-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #33
Naunet

I've come across it on Youtube. And it all sounds terrible. Some people who were my friends in high school were into it and I thought the lyrics meant nothing and the instruments were hurting my ears.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #34
Alan

I didn't ask you if you like it. I asked you how the hell you find those songs headbanging worthy.
real classy
Old 09-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #35
Naunet

They're not worthy. But that's what much Goth music sounds to me. It genuinely hurts my ears and I don't know what they're talking about.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #36
Alan

Is one supposed to snap his neck every time he says "undead"? Or maybe we're supposed to make a moshpit when he starts talking about flowers?

Damn kid, anything heavier than the Beatles must look like ultraviolence to you.
real classy
Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #37
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I didn't ask you if you like it. I asked you how the hell you find those songs headbanging worthy.
Dieche is a bit more uptempo, but it's still not 'headbanging' material.

I think this person is seeing 'punk', as in 'post-punk' and thinking Cockney Rejects instead of Joy Division.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #38
Naunet

I'll look into Dieche, but chances are most of the Goth music I'm going to listen to is neoclassical darkwave. I might change in tastes, but that's where it is right now.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #39
Naunet

No--not all of it. Green Day isn't that ultraviolent to me. I actually like Green Day.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #40
Grausamkeit

It's 'Deiche', sorry. It's another Sex Gang Children song. Damn good band.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #41
Alan

Wait, what the fuck, you think Green Day is ok but you think Bauhaus is violent? That's it, I'm not talking to you anymore. Get the fuck out.

I'm starting to think you didn't even click the links and you're one of those idiots who think goth music is some kind of metal, instead of, you know, watching some fucking links a goth is giving you.
And that would only be the second worst option, because if you clicked those links and think that music is headbanging music then you're just a dipshit.
real classy
Old 09-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #42
Naunet

I'm glad we managed to get all this clarified. If we didn't I'm pretty sure my head was going to explode.

For the record, Grausamkeit, I did find it rude to call someone purposely dense or calling someone an idiot. If I continue to insist that only X is what makes it Goth, then I can justly be called that way. But to a newbie who is genuinely testing the waters and looking for clarification to information, it can be extremely rude.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #43
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Hahahahhahahahaha!

Hahahahahhahahahah!

Hahaha-ahhhh-hahahahahahaha!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:13 AM   #44
Grausamkeit

The only thing we have clarified is that YOU do not know what Goth music is, Naunet.

You were being a dense idiot. There's nothing rude about telling the truth.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:14 AM   #45
Naunet

I wasn't ever referring to the links you posted, Alan.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #46
Naunet

I actually think we have, Grausamkeit. Even Alan said that neoclassical darkwave does count as Goth music. That was all I needed to know.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #47
Grausamkeit

Quote:
I actually think we have, Grausamkeit. Even Alan said that neoclassical darkwave does count as Goth music. That was all I needed to know.
Yes, and it is an extremely small sub-genre to stick to among the myriad bands and genres(and sub-genres) that exist. Branch out, broaden your horizons.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #48
Naunet

I am aware that it's a very small subgenre, Grausamkeit. I do plan on broadening my musical horizons at some point. But please understand that right now I'd rather get into the subgenre that I like and then broaden my horizons. If I start broadening my horizons in Gothic mysic now, I'm afraid that I might get turned off to Gothic music entirely.

Believe it or not, getting into neoclassical darkwave is part of me broadening my horizons already. It used to be nothing but World and Celtic. Which I still do like listening to, but there's more to the musical world than just the World and Celtic genres.

So I am broadening my musical horizons. Neoclassical darkwave just might be how I get introduced to the full range of Gothic music. I don't have to like all of it, but I'll see what it has to offer.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #49
Grausamkeit

Todeswunsch by Sopor Aeternus is a great album.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #50
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I'm listening to The Changelings now. They remind me of the .hack//sign soundtrack. Considering you said you like Celtic and World I think you may like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc8P-I7Reb0

Or you might not. It's not goth by tiniest of margins. Anyway. Screw genres, specific or vague, find a song and like it for what it is, not where it fits in the musical spectrum.