Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 09:25 AM   #901
WolfMoon

Recently I learned that my diabetic Grandmother is having major heart problems.She went to the doctor recently and found out she's got 3 blockages in her heart,one is a total blockage.Having surgery is major because she's diabetic,but it will also help her live longer and improve her quality of life,if she quits smoking.She also has a spot on her lung which will clear up if she quits smoking.
Before she could have surgery my Grandmother hecked herself ot of the hospital.She said the doctors were lying.I know she's scared but ?I don't think it's fair of her to decide to die rather than to opt for the surgery.She's only got a month at the most if she doesn't have the by-pass.Right now I'm trying to cope with the anger and sadness that I'm feeling.Anger at her for not doing something to stay while she can.Sadness that she will be gone soon.Gone from my life and my daughter's,not to mention the countless other grandchildren and great-grandchildren that will miss her.
The doctars said to make these weeks the happiest possible for her.I'm just hoping that we'll be able to convince her to have the surgery.Everyone's been visiting cuase it cpould be the last time.I still have a creeping feeling the I'll be singing Red Water this Christmas...... :cry:
Old 05-09-2004, 08:48 PM   #902
akhira

Man, I missed a lot over the weekend. Some stupid oral exam I had to take kept me away from the system.
WolfMoon, I am sorry to hear that about your grandmother. I hope she changes her mind about the surgery.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:11 PM   #903
raven_of_mourning

sorry to hear about your grandmother wolfmoon, my grandfather passed away 1 year ago febuary... i took care of him the last month of his life.. he had cancer.. first it was prostate then bladder, then bone.. bone the most painful type of cancer, it was sad to think that he was dying but then to think of the ammount of pain he was going through and that there really was nothing i could do for him, oh everyone tried to comfort me telling me i was doing a good job taking care of him and all but i knew i could do nothing for his pain, that the only thing that could releive him of his pain was his own death... that was the last time the family has been all together was at the funeral... amazing how grandparents can sometimes find a way to bring their families together one last time..
Old 05-09-2004, 11:41 PM   #904
Daz

so, i was cleaning out my room today so i could start ripping down the wall paper (which took all gawd damn day) and i found my ex boyfriends ex fiances engagement ring that she gave back when they broke up. in reality it really is a nice ring, possibly silver with celtic writing on it... he told me what i meant one day but i've forgotten now. anyways, now ive got this ring and im trying to figure out what to do with it. my first thought was to sell it on ebay, but i dont know what it's made of. just because he said it was silver doesnt make it so. i'd also like to know what the writing says, anyone able to read this?

tha gaol agam ort

anyways, i know i'm not going to keep it... no point really, has no meaning to me, and i'm sure as shit not going to find him to return it :twisted: . i have a hard enough time getting it across to him that i know he was cheating on me and just because i know does not mean that it was alright and that we should be friends. bah...
anyways if anyone can tell me what the ring says i'll most likely post the thing up on ebay... unles you guys have any other ideas...
Old 05-10-2004, 05:56 AM   #905
pitseleh

"Tha gaol agam ort" means simply "I love you". Yes, I did look it up.

If I were you Daz, I'd probably sell it too. Maybe have it melted into a piece of jewelry if possible.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:17 AM   #906
Maimy

Silver should have a tiny stamp on it somewhere saying either 925 or .925.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:12 PM   #907
Ravena

I can't wait for Asurai to come down this summer... We'll post pictures, if they aren't TOO dirty. :twisted:

I know this is old, and perhaps it was already discussed and I missed it(in which case I appologize) but where is Secretboy?

I HATE PERIODS!!!!
No, not this(.), but the cramps and stuff are killing me. It was so bad I didn't go to school today.

Only 9, count 'em, nine days left of school! I'm going to Oregon to see my relatives this sumer, and after I get back I get to see As...
I've had you my way.
Orgy~The Spectrum
Old 05-10-2004, 12:47 PM   #908
.BatteryPoison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravena
where is Secretboy?
He was signed on here once or twice last week.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
Old 05-10-2004, 01:01 PM   #909
uhhhburrito

is there anything Diva Destruction can't do?!
Old 05-10-2004, 07:26 PM   #910
Daz

ya its got a little stamp, i think it says 925 but its really hard to read... guess it goes up on ebay when i get the chance. suppose i should get it sized too.

painting update...
i'm sure you are all just holding your breath to know :twisted:
got the rest of the red up on saturday, only took five coats. just so you know, this is normal for red so if you are ever going to paint a room red be prepared. primed the black on saturday, got one coat of black on today and it looks awsome. spent all day sunday removing the wallpaper from my room and filled the holes today so the black primer goes up tomorrow.... im soooo excited about this, my room mates room looks awsome. i think i figured out what to do as far as the air brushing is concerned. a friend of mine suggested i get different comic book caracters in a sort of mural type thing. he liked the idea so much he seems to be planning to do it himself lol. anyways all i need to do now is finish finding pictures i like, should be fun. of course D will be up there :twisted: whe its done i'll take a pic and post it up here

hey, i just discovered my cat likes to have his gums rubbed... who'da thunk it (random enough for ya??)
Old 05-10-2004, 08:52 PM   #911
akhira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
of course D will be up there :twisted: whe its done i'll take a pic and post it up here
Cool. Can't wait to see the pic. I love D.
[/quote]
Old 05-11-2004, 09:15 AM   #912
tickingstitch

Caffine is the love of my life. I would never make it in the working world woth out it.

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:18 AM   #913
raven_of_mourning

starbucks is your friend, i get free stuff form them all the time cause they like me and i am in there pretty much everyday and i work 3 stores down from them
Old 05-11-2004, 09:29 AM   #914
tickingstitch

As much as I would love to say that I have the ability to boycott starbucks, the coffee there is so damn good. There empire is built upon a fine product. I am in there often.

Some reason writing that reminded me of how shitty of a song starfuckers but NIN is. Just Awful. You win some you lose some.

Quote:
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:34 AM   #915
raven_of_mourning

i have no problem with empires.... the world as we know it is built upon empires, and without empires and corporate monopolies governments and non-conformists would have nothing to go against so it is empires whether the anglo-american world empire or the microsoft empire or starbucks that is what makes the world fun
Old 05-11-2004, 10:15 AM   #916
tickingstitch

It's not that I am dedicated to go against every grain but I like the underdog. So if it means I am more attracted to buying a cup of coffee from a some what cozy privately owned shop I would....if starbucks coffee wasnt so DAMN good. Hehe. Its a catch!

Quote:
Old 05-11-2004, 10:41 AM   #917
raven_of_mourning

starbucks did it smart, they use a stronger type of espresso so what happenes is people get use to it and then when they go to these small coffee shops the coffee is weaker and therefore not tasting as good because your sense got use to the strong flavour and cafeine, they use Robusto coffee instar of arabica
Old 05-11-2004, 12:24 PM   #918
tickingstitch

Ya it definately works. Starbucks coffee is on its own level. That make sense though because it hits the spot unlike other shops.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2004, 02:52 PM   #919
Ravena

Yes, Starbucks sucks the souls of people world-wide.... They are like the Axis powers of business, along with Wall-Mart, Toys-R-Us, Limited Too, and Yankee Candle....
*Deep Sniff* Ah, Yankee Candle.....
:P 8)
I've had you my way.
Orgy~The Spectrum
Old 05-11-2004, 03:08 PM   #920
tickingstitch

The Gap too. It has its own area code in Tokyo. It was an awful sight.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2004, 03:18 PM   #921
Ravena

*heart attack*

Of course! I forgot all about them...
There is also Martha Stewart Living, mwahahaha :twisted:
I've had you my way.
Orgy~The Spectrum
Old 05-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #922
Ravena

My mom is watching MIB2 and The Light is leaving Earth.

Me: Mommy, when are they comming to take me back to my home planet?

Mom: Never.

Me: Why?

Mom, popping cashew into mouth nonchalantly: What do you think they traded you for?

My loving family.....
I've had you my way.
Orgy~The Spectrum
Old 05-11-2004, 05:30 PM   #923
Gnossos

Whenever I walk past a Yankee Candle, that horrid wafting odor makes me want to throw up. How can anyone actually go IN there? And I'm not particularily scent-sensitive; I've worked in an animal shelter for the past 3 years. -Gnossos
Old 05-11-2004, 09:12 PM   #924
Daz

there is a soap store like that here.... just nasty to walk by, i would probably pass out if i ever walked in
unsented soap for me thanx
Old 05-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #925
Daz

ever have one of those days where you are just too tired to keep your head up? how about one of those weeks? looks like thats where mine is headed. all day long i work my ass off, when i get home i work my ass off, every other day i am up at 5 am to head to the gym before work. by the time it rolls around to 9 pm i can barely keep my eyes open. everything is very fuzzy tonight. if i weren't so tired i'd most likely find it funny. would be nice if i could at least get a good sleep at night. last night i kept on waking up, tossed my stuffed frog behind me around 3am i think (yes i sleep with a stuffed frog, helps when the bed is otherwise empty) maybe it's the paint fumes wafting around the house all the time, maybe its work, maybe its just my brains way of telling me to slow down. one thing i know is if i do slow down i'll have more time to think and thats not really a good thing right aboutnow. anyways i think i'm gonna head to bed now. have a good night everyone