Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 07:49 PM   #101
dreamforthedead

Oh my giddy aunt. This guy Dustin (if that is your real name) is so hardcore, take me now! *gag*. I REALLY hate snobby "goths" *sigh.* Oh and if by 'new breed' you mean a poseur who sucks his own ass while taking placebos for his 'depression'. Then sits in the dark using the ouiji (sp?) board Mummy and Daddy bought him for Christmas to 'talk to those once passed', then no you're not. You're nothng new at all. All you are is a tryhard with no life, and believe me there is alot of people out there like you. By the way, no one wants to talk to you, not even the spirits you 'talk' to via ouiji (sp?) board so go crawl up a Llamas butt and die.
lets me live my life like this..."
'Honey, this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us'
Old 12-19-2005, 07:56 PM   #102
Circle V

The one thing that is necessary for one to be a Goth is an ability to find beauty where others do not. That is all. The rest is just icing, often very pretentious icing.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:06 PM   #103
dreamforthedead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle V
The one thing that is necessary for one to be a Goth is an ability to find beauty where others do not. That is all. The rest is just icing, often very pretentious icing.
You're right. Well written. *bows to you*
Old 12-19-2005, 08:18 PM   #104
dreamforthedead

Geisha I was talking about this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle V
I thought it summed everything up quite nicely, but that's just me.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:34 PM   #105
dreamforthedead

Oh sorry Im a bit slow . I was talking about the person who started this thread, Dustin-TheGothicskater666. I suppose I'm a bit late to do that though. I really must come on more often.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:52 AM   #106
syn

I never ever want to get on the wrong side of GeishaGirl. It doesn't matter what music you listen to. And if you need to ask someone what kind of music you should be listening to, then your a just a little tragic. You listen to what you enjoy listening to. Go find a mind of your own and grow your own taste in music.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:13 PM   #107
Circle V

There's a difference between asking others what music is good and asking what music you should listen to in order to fit in. Make sure to keep on the right side of the divide.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:52 PM   #108
Bride_Of_Satan

Location: Blyth, UK - its a weird place but I was born and bred here so I've got to love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy
don't lie to him! or her! we listen brittany spears! duh! jk, slipknot, etc.,
Yup. At a concert you're always sure to find a group of Goths moshing to "(Hit me) Baby one more time" lol.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:56 PM   #109
Sanctus Dei

Geisha.. Have I said I love you?? If not I've been neglecting you and I apologize.

Okay, I don't listen to The Cure.. or Souixe.. or anything else with a slightly upbeat feel to it. It's not my thing, as talented as they are they just never grew on me... I listen to Mortiis, Black Tape, Sanctum, Pain Teens, Coil, Legendary Pink Dots, Switchblade, London After Midnight, Voltaire, Leather Strip, etc x 400....I don't know it's mainly dark/Industrial. But then, I also enjoy Cradle of filth (not past Damnation and a Day though... their getting a little to recycled for me)
Tool, System of a Down, Nightwish...

Hell, I even like The Charlie Daniels Band (Devil went down to Georgia KICKS ASS) *wink* and Ying Yang twins?

I refuse to limit the culture I amd willing to take in based on genre baises, but that's just me.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:31 AM   #110
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
This brings me to a story that a friend of mine had told me about her first day at school. The subject of the day was the solar system, and one of the girls next to her (Sarah McMillan) turned toward her and asked, "is the sun a planet?"

In conclusion, the Smithville High School cirriculum was (and still is) shit.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:32 AM   #111
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

This brings me to a story that a friend of mine had told me about her first day at school. The subject of the day was the solar system, and one of the girls next to her (Sarah McMillan) turned toward her and asked, "is the sun a planet?"

In conclusion, the Smithville High School cirriculum was (and still is) shit.

And Dustin-The-Gothic-Moron:
People are laughing AT YOU, not WITH YOU!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 01:46 AM   #112
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Avalo
From what I've read, it is about being intellectual, creative, and different. That's just what I've read, though, from that Goth With A Sledgehammer page. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but no one and nothing has been able to tell me in full confidence what exactly makes someone goth. Let's not get into a discussion about that, though.
Saying that being "intellectual, creative and different" is what being gothic is all about just goes to show your actual understanding of the culture is very limited. That could encompass just about any number of worth while cultures.
The reason it is hard to encompass the gothic culture into a single paragraph description is only because it is very much a part of the culture to be an individual while being a part of a group. You will never find two goths alike; that is the beauty of it. If I had to try to sum it up however, I would say that goths find beauty in the darker aspects of life. We are artistic, creative and extremely intelligent (as well as opinionated), but instead of shunning that darkness within all of us that frightens most people, we embrace it, respect it, learn to live in it and find out just how beautiful we really are when we accept light and dark.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #113
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Oops, sorry for the double-posting...
*Bows head and waits for further flaming*
Old 01-15-2006, 09:09 AM   #114
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Very well said JuliaGaltic.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:55 AM   #115
Nemesis

Wow this is another topic where i get to post the words 'would you like a how to be a goth guide dear'!
Old 01-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #116
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
Get used to it, Nemesis. Sadly, the ones that need it most are incapable of understanding it.

Want some wine? Kick up your feet. Enjoy the superiority. I'll bring the truffles.
I guess...I just hate these people that plague the world! Hehe, o truffles!
Old 01-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #117
Arc_Avalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Who are you talking about Dream?

And Arc, do us a favor and shut the fuck up. If you're basing your knowledge of being goth on what you've read, despite how much people tend to agree with that written word, just stop right there. You're no better then that Rose person who started all this nonsense.
Oh, so now you're the judge of who's better than who? Well, forgive me. To be honest, I have searched for a long time to the divine answer about goth, and I have gotten so many mixed views that it almost made my head explode. I did manage to find the answer, though. The gothic subculture is just that: a culture.

It embraces its own style of music, literature, art, fashion, and more. However, if you're not into any of the music, literature, art, fashion, etc. it does not mean you're not goth. It would basically be like saying if you don't listen to Mexican music or wear a poncho, you're not Mexican. There are, however, certain things that guarantee you a ticket out of the category. Dressing, thinking, or listening to the same music as everyone else by influence is an act of conformity. That is definitely one of the things that defines the subculture: individuality.

That's all I have to say on that. Is there anything else I should add?
Old 01-16-2006, 09:15 AM   #118
Natasshha

Xnuguela, that avatar is so nice, makes me giggle, beacuse I do have my pee pee time with my puppie... yeah we go to the bathroom together...when he is in the mood!!!...

AH yeah I dont listen to musci that much, I REALLY DONT CARE WHAT MOST OF GOTH LISTEN, see... that is the way you do it, DONT GO AROUND ASKING WHAT GOTH DO OR WHAT NOT, DO WHATEVER COMES OUT OF YOUR COJONES!!!!!....

I listen to LUIS MIGUEL, SHAKIRA, XUXA.........

Nati
Old 01-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #119
Underwater Ophelia

Haha! I'd actually love to pee on my boyfriend.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:53 PM   #120
gothboy13

dude your not goth go find a forum where people llisten to ur type of music and appreciate it but just leave this site and dont look back, slipknot is not hardcore metal and your not either so go
Old 01-16-2006, 07:05 PM   #121
PhilSmith

(rolls eyes, tosses gothboy13 a small coin)

Here, kid. Go buy yourself an apostrophe.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:38 PM   #122
Empty_Purple_Stars

I just edited the horrendous mispelling in the thread title.

I couldn't take it anymore..

If you're going to start a lame friggin thread, for the Love of all things Holy;

PLEASE SPELL THE THREAD TITLE CORRECTLY!!

/ Implode
Old 01-16-2006, 08:22 PM   #123
PhilSmith

Luckily, implosions are cleaner than explosions. Not so much splatter. With a bit of luck you won't have to mop the ceiling.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:26 PM   #124
cannibalnuns

That is a good point.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
Old 01-16-2006, 09:30 PM   #125
Empty_Purple_Stars

Thank Gawd for Duct Tape..

As much as I implode around here, you guys would be scraping angry little bits of me off the walls for weeks without it..

*twitch*
Closed Thread