Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #2201
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Not only could you pass along the Virus, but you also make yourself vulnerable to different strains of the virus, that could potentially be more virulent or lethal, than yours.
Wolfie, I caught that as well, but EPS did bring up this important point.

...don't smother your kids."
Old 03-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #2202
JuliaGaltic

I don't have much help to provide on this subject since my personal life always had a way of staying far away from my father, or vise versa.

I do know, from other sources, how sensitive daddy can be about his little girl though. It sounds to me like typical, caring, even if overprotective, daddy behavior. I believe he gives you more credit than you think, he just worries about his little girl. I can imagine it must be frustrating though and do feel for you.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #2203
JuliaGaltic

Ok, understandable, you've watched yourself adapt, grow and expand in general as a person, and he hasn't. To him, you're still the same as when you left for college... yeah, sounds a little irking at the least. He cares though, and from the sounds of it, he cares enough to eventually observe these changes for himself.

I know you're not bashing your dad. I just realized I'm coming off as if you were attacking him. Hehehe... far from it. I have an overprotective mother, and though it's frustrating, more than frustrating at times actually, I wouldn't want the opposite and am greatful for the most part.

I don't envy you. From what I hear overprotective dads are a little harder to deal with than overprotective mothers, for girls at least.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #2204
JuliaGaltic

Yeah, I know. You have every right to rant. It is frustrating and a valid thing to rant about.

See, I knew I came off as if you were bashing your dad. Not at all. I'm sure that you're greatful for the most part.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #2205
JuliaGaltic

Ok, good. I just didn't want you to feel like you had to defend yourself for something that is completely valid.

For now though, you're tipsy and should go off and have all sorts of tipsy fun..
Old 03-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #2206
JuliaGaltic

Hahaha.. I thought I just simply couldn't help you in the dad department from lack of experience with your particular problem, but now you've brought up a problem I still don't know how to deal with.

I'm still learning how to deal with my mom. We're very close and all but I know how those illogical arguments go. Usually, with me, they end up in yelling and walking out (feel like a teenager when I do that and I hate that, no offense to any teenagers here), but she usually comes around the next day and appologizes.

Anyway, no help here, sorry...
Old 03-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #2207
JuliaGaltic

Hahaha... yeah and then you realize that you don't sound that grown up...oh my god, that just made me laugh so hard.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #2208
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistentialDisorder
Deviant, you let those fuck nuggets win by getting pissed at their antics. they're antagonizers guilty of the same things they preach against. These are the same bunch of retards that were praising god for killing the miners in W.V. because it was 'god's punishment' for making Brokeback Mountain... I mean really... does that sound like they're playing with a full deck?

I must admit tho, I took a little pleasure in reading about when that whiny bitch-ass daughter of his got her house pipe-bombed and nobody did any time for it. Too bad they only hit the van. and too bad she wasn't in it.
True, true... I was just shocked by the viciousness of that site. I knew it had to be pretty bad, with a name like godhatesfags, but it was even worse than I'd thought! Maybe I'm being naive, but I just don't understand this irrational hatred they spew from every orifice

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #2209
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Sleep deprivation blows.

I laughed, too, and now I'm buzzed and have a karaoke party to go to tonight, so today's ok. Going home might be a little... depressing.

I've decided if he decides he's still uncomfortable with it, I'm going to say, "well, I appreciate your concern but as an adult I am going to choose to continue as planned, and I know you'll respect my decision."
Sounds better than the previous speech, hehe.

Well, have loads of fun. Hope everything turns out ok with you and your dad (I'm sure it will)
Old 03-10-2006, 07:03 AM   #2210
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Sleep deprivation blows.

I laughed, too, and now I'm buzzed and have a karaoke party to go to tonight, so today's ok. Going home might be a little... depressing.

I've decided if he decides he's still uncomfortable with it, I'm going to say, "well, I appreciate your concern but as an adult I am going to choose to continue as planned, and I know you'll respect my decision."
Xng, I do have some advice for you on this count. Stick with your initial plans. Do what you have to do with him to make it pass. Stay in Minneapolis for the duration of the trip.

I know your father cares about you and is worried about your safety. But if he was a wise father, he would see what I see: with the itinerary you've scheduled for yourself, the most dangerous possible situation you could put yourself in would be getting on the road at 1:00-1:30 in the morning and trying to drive an hour on dark highways. Particularly if you are sleep deprived! That's just asking for an accident. Surely he can see that?

If not, I'd even advocate lying to him and saying you'll be staying at a female friends house at night. Whatever it takes.

BTW, by nearly every standard society sets, you are an adult. But you will never stop being your parents child. Trust me ... at 47, I know this. But it does get somewhat better over time.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-10-2006, 07:48 AM   #2211
Shi'ark

It can be shit being the elides one so I know how you feel. We’re always the ones are parents look to the most while we’re also the ones they’re most likely to screw up.

I’ve got 5 younger brothers. My Dad got around a bit.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #2212
Shi'ark

If anything I shown them what not to do. They’re doing ok though.

Well I’m a little worried about the youngest Kyle he’s so much like me when I was 12 it’s frightening. I’ll have to keep an eye on him, at lest he’s in a better place then I was back then.

one thing though, i done live with any of them after i was 17.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #2213
Wise Child

See, my experience was completely different - my older sister was a model child, and also very shy so there were never really battles over going out. The only place she went would be to a friend's house for the evening. Because of this, my mother thought I was some kind of problem-child because I went out, got drunk, bunked off school - all the things that most kids do seemed catastrophic to her because she never had any shit off my sister. I wasn't a saint, but I wasn't a bad kid either - I just seemed a little out of control to her because it kind of came out of nowhere to her. It was even harder than being the eldest in a way, I'd imagine, because she didn't just have no experience - she had a completely different precedent that told her my behaviour was less normal, when actually it was more so. My sister is very unusual in that sense - I've never heard of a kid who doesn't give their parents some kind of trouble. She was no angel, but in the sense of "teen stuff" there weren't really any problems.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Old 03-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #2214
tenet_2012

You must be upset.

I have never seen such horrible grammar from you. I wish I could do something but it sounds like you have a decision to make.

Do what your dad wants and get financial help or do what you want and lose the money.

--Geisha
Old 03-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #2215
tenet_2012

Crying is good, it releases stress.

I was just giving you shit about the grammar.

--Geisha
Old 03-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #2216
tenet_2012

I'm glad I'm back as well.

As far as my opinion: do what your dad wants. He has the money and I think that you need it.

It's only a few days; apease him.

--Geisha
Old 03-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #2217
ExistentialDisorder

this is why we don't tell parents what we're up to. especially when we know, or have a good idea, what their reactions will be. you try being a good kid, making the grades and all that, and being honest with the parents about what your extra curricular activities consist of, and you get screwed for it.

this is why i rarely ever told my parents the truth about what i was doing or who i was with. not because anything i was doing was (always) bad, but just because i knew what they would think. i was 25 before my parents finally gave up on trying to control where i went, etc. they never gave much of a shit about how i dressed or what music i listened to, but they had other ways. they liked using tools to control me, as your father seems to be doing with the tuition thing. for my parents it was the car i was driving. they refused to sell it to me and they refused to let me buy another one. that way they could control where i drove it or how long i stayed out. sure i could have bought another one, but it wouldn't be parked on my dad's lawn, according to him.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
Old 03-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #2218
spookypurple

I hope you're feeling better, Xng. Take care, hon.

Hamlet
Old 03-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #2219
tenet_2012

My small rant:

I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I wake-up everyday and I take poison (AZT) along with 5 other pills to counter-act the side effects. I am never hungry I eat because I know that I have to. But when I eat I feel sicker.

I can't stand for more than a couple hours without feeling fragile. That makes it hard to keep a job. Without a job I have no money. I don't really ever worry to much about money but it is nice to have.

I spend more time in the bathroom than any other room in my apartment. I vomit daily and have horrible diarrhea. I even have a TV in my bathroom.

I have night sweats so bad that I literally wake-up sometimes in a pool. And the weight loss, I lose so much weight that my skin cannot keep-up. So, I am left with these weird skin flap things (it is nasty).

And depression and gland problems and going to the hospital three times a week. Man, it is hard to keep going sometimes. Sometimes I just want to die so I don't have to deal with this shit anymore.

But then something happens that makes it all worth it.

Ahh... I feel better.

--Geisha
Old 03-11-2006, 01:06 AM   #2220
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
I'm sorry about the grammar! I really am pretty upset. I'm collecting myself now. I am just really bummed. I spent days getting this together, and my mom ok'd my plan, and then my dad overrode her and vetoed my whole plan.
Wow, I kind of always wanted protective parents but I guess I didn't realise the hassle that comes with having them! I've always secretly been a bit jealous of friends whose parents look out for them and worry about where they are/what they're doing etc. I suppose I didn't consider the downside of it. I hope you manage to sort things out with your dad, Xng. Maybe if you tried again to have a calm discussion with him about it, he'd see your point of view. Good luck

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-11-2006, 01:58 AM   #2221
succubus,queenofvampires

I'm really sorry, Xng. I really hope you're OK! *hugs and kisses*
Old 03-11-2006, 02:03 AM   #2222
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
I'm sorry, tenet. I wish I could help.
I'm really sorry too, tenet.I wish that you'll get better... * hugs tightly*
Old 03-11-2006, 04:06 AM   #2223
Disfunction

My most recent rant:

Things can be damned confusing even when they are straight-forward. I have been talking to a girl for nearly two months now, and over those two months she and I have grown to care about each other in a most interesting way. We've both expressed a like of each other, and both have the feeling of attraction for each other, yet still something eludes me.

Our conversations have been a refuge from almost every facet of my life, and I've realized just how greatly dishonest I'd been in previous relationships so as to indulge myself. Dishonest to the point that I would fool myself that I was content and enough that when the relationships would degrade, my ex-girlfriends would commonly think it came randomly and out of nowhere... so now I'm faced with someone who I've been open with about my past with relationships, one who does not openly use the word love, but instead implies it in a sense. It's only been two months, and love isn't on my mind, but it's just one of many topics that has come up.

I guess the problem is that I tend to work along in rigid, structured movements; if I am going to kiss someone, I think about it for five minutes before I finally do or if I'm going to ask someone out on a date, I ruminate over that for at least a week. I wish there were some traffic sign that told me when to go, when to slow down and when to stop. It would make things so much less stressful. *sighs*

And that's my rant.

Old 03-11-2006, 12:26 PM   #2224
Reject_Bunnies

"Emo",scam of the Century.

I've had it up to my armpits with all of this so-called:"Emo" crap. Those little drone zombies with their perfectly matching flopping hair,retro shirts,and girly pants..make me want to scream. Just in case you are that one person that's been living in a cave these past few years,let me explain to you what "Emo" is all about:FIRST AND FOREMOST:"Emo" is a SCAM.Period.It was a fad invented to sell music and merchandise.End of story.
1.)Forget what people try to tell you,"Emo" does not mean: "Emotional". Sure,maybe certain songs have more feelings then others,but all music is emotional. From Mozart to Metallica,all music speaks to you on some level(Duh.)That's why you can only listen to "Emo-approved" bands,because if you don't..then your money isn't going to be spent on "Emo" merchandise.
2.)"Emo" is NOT a "sub-culture".Open your eyes and look around,forget all the Internet groups and clubs...where is the "Emo" community in 'real life'? Yeah,that's what I thought. Punk,for example is an actual sub-culture,that's been around since the 70's.Granted it's become more mainstream,and in-style to dress or act a certain way,but it's a real music genera and lifestyle unlike "Emo"...who are all just a bunch of imitators whining for attention.
3.)"Emo" has no definition. It's true,ask ten people what the definition of "Emo" is;and I'll bet you get ten different answers. When you are listening to Rap or Country,at least you can tell what you're listening to."Since "Emo" could be ANY music that has emotion..who's to say what song has more EMOtion then the next one. Do people actually stop and think about these obvious questions? Nope. They'd rather shell out eighty bucks for those:"hAwT Em0 pantz DuuuD!"
4.)"Emo" feeds off your need to 'fit-in'. By selling you pre-selected music and merchandise,the fat cats that profit off this bullshit fad are laughing at you and your puny attempt to "belong" to a certain sub-culture. What ever happened to thinking for yourself? Living your own life? People(Especially young people) are extremely self-conscious about their image,friends,and what groups they belong to(A way to identify themselves). So "Emo" gives them a way to fit into this hot popular group by selling them overpriced junk and shitty music so they can be a part of the 'in' crowd.That's just wrong.

More random "Emo" facts:
-Why do you think older people have never heard of "Emo"(or hate it)? Because they've reached the age where they can recognize a scam,fad,and stupidity when they see it.
-"Emo" tries to pass itself off as being around forever(Or at least back to the 80s)by selling you overpriced cheap t-shirts with old cartoon characters on them,ugly sweaters,and idiotic shoes.Trust me,"Emo" was not around in the 80s(I was there),and when people dressed like geeks and nerds,they got their ass kicked(Not a record contract).
-Those are NOT "Emo" glasses(black thick rims). A man called Buddy Holly originally wore those(And would kick your ass for copying him).
-'Real' guys would never dress in their sisters' jeans,and tiny shirts on purpose. Why do guys make themselves look like idiots? Because it makes them appear more "in-touch" with their emotional side to the girls.Plus it's the popular thing right now(And it gets them laid).
-Any/ALL music is emotional.Self explanatory.
-"Emo" is NOT a sub-genera of Punk.Who the fuck thought this bright idea up?! When was the last time you heard the Sex Pistols whining over a girlfriend they had in the Fourth Grade.
-"Emo" is NOT about being an individual. Nothing could be further from the truth. All real "Emo" kids dress,act,talk,and listen to the same exact everything;like a cult.

Do I believe that I'm better then the "Emo" fanatics? You bet I do. I'm not the smartest person in the world,and even I could understand "Emo" was a joke created to sell music(And the crap that goes along with it),under the disguise of a "sub-culture". It's so obvious,I have no idea why it's even still here....Oh,I forgot. There are still plenty of people with too much money.Plain and simple. "Emo" is all about money,it's nothing but a scam to separate you from your cash.And when that happens,I only laugh at the morons who fell for it.Just as I'll laugh at the next big FAD when it comes along.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #2225
Disfunction

Reject: Emo has been around since the 80's. That's not a scam, that's fact. Emo is a genre of music. A subculture has developed more recently around this music. Your entire definition of emo functions purely on stereotype, and your entire rant is as poorly based as people who believe goth to be a suicide-cult worshipping satan and involving a high quantity of vampiric concepts and self-harm, with such hit musicians as Marilyn Manson leading the way. The culture that has developed around emo in the last few years is akin to the development of Hot Topic as a mainstream source for "goth" and "punk" articles of clothing.

Ask ten people what punk is and they will give you ten different definitions.
Ask ten people what goth is and they will give you ten different definitions.
Hell, ask ten people what Christianity is beyond the belief in Christ, and you will likely give you ten different definitions.

Girl pants on guys is to emo as black clothing and eyeliner on guys is to goth. It's called a stereotype, and is therefore not valid for whollistic judgement of an entire subculture (of which there is one).

The people who you see generally walking around and listening to the Bright Eyes, Dashboard Confessional, wearing grampa sweaters and thick-rimmed glasses, writing poetry in their notebooks with their hair dyed black? Yeah, they aren't genuine to the subculture. There's more to emo than just emotion.

http://www.fourfa.com/history.htm

Closed Thread