Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-17-2006, 01:09 AM   #101
Demonista_Ravenesque

Wild Spider, I love your posts but please refrain from lazy spelling errors.

I don't mind typos but spelling errors are a travesty to a GOTHIC LITERATURE site.

Please... everytime you make a lazy error, Poe and Lovecraft cry.

Please think of Poe and Lovecraft.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:13 AM   #102
wild spider

what did i spell wrong? be dyslexic I don't know.
wild spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:13 AM   #103
wild spider

being. i meant being

that was stupid.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:18 AM   #104
Demonista_Ravenesque

Are you dyslexic? I'm sorry but I don't quite know, but if you are, I'd cut you some slack.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:25 AM   #105
wild spider

thank you i'm awear it's annoying but if 11 years of schooling have'nt done the job, I highly doubt a week of being on here will, literatrue site or not.

sorry to sound bitchy, but I'm oh so tired.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:29 AM   #106
Demonista_Ravenesque

It's okay. But I'll keep on the topic.

I'm not really a black sheep, but everytime I modify myself, my parents make me sleep in the backyard in a tent.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:34 AM   #107
wild spider

that's mean...but sounds rather fun

I dont have a back yard well, I would do at my dad's but he's trying to grow tomatoes, potatoes, sheep and *ahem* the odd weed here and there.

If anyone know's the TV program the Goodlife (it was on in the 70's) then that is my world.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #108
Persephone8

How Black Sheep are Created

[font=Arial]Aria[/FONT I believe Black Sheep are created in messed up families.
It's sort of like a human sacrifice. Black Sheep are the ones (1) who can't, won't or don't want to fii into te family system and is alientated.

Maybe they're creative in a family who doesn't value creativity. Or the one who
mirrors how crazy things feel and are then punished because they said it out
loud.
They are the ones willing to disrupt an insnane system because they don't realize what is at stake - or for how long its gone on.

Sometimes, we are rebellious, defiant, creative, different and it scares others.
I have always felt I carried Black Sheep energy. But for every Black Sheep-
there is at least one sibling benefitting from the chaos.

In the end- we have individualty, our own voice and vision and our friends
have often been the different ones in their families
Persephone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:24 PM   #109
Jupetta

Well... yes I suppose that I am the "Black Sheep" of my family... most of my family are slobs and live in filth, myself I am obsessive about cleanliness, people using my things, weating my clothes, and hygiene.

All are also Homophobes and they would throw me out of the house if they ever had found out that I was Bisexual. :P

Most also don't resspect my fashion sense... they tell me that all of you are school shooters and you kill people, and yourselves. >_<
Jupetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #110
the Suckermonkey

Persephone8 I absolutely agree with you. I think it can be a generational thing, also, a behavioral pattern that is handed down through a family. My parents went to great lengths to attempt to make me the black sheep, my father was the black sheep in his family, and my mother had one in hers. Unfortunately for them, in my situation, the pattern broke down when I realized what was happening and decided to walk away.
the Suckermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #111
Dreaming Vendetta

You know, you would think that I would be my family's black sheep, but I cannot claim that title. The dubious honor of family black sheep goes to my cousin, who discovered drugs about three years ago and no longer speaks to the rest of us. There's nothing I can do to compete with that, nor would I want to.

Besides, since my family is not conservative or Christian, being "goth" isn't exactly a problem for them.
Dreaming Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:26 AM   #112
Delkaetre

It's impossible for me to become the black sheep of our immediate family, because Mum's had a schism with a lump of the family on her side- there's an entire branch of family she's labelled as the black sheep flock. Mind you, considering how bitchy and unpleasant they were to our lot at our grandmother's funeral and when she was terminally ill, I think we're allowed to ostracize them.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:21 AM   #113
Cicero

There's no black sheep in my family. We all have our own various insanities, every single one of us. The only person who sort of stands separate from the group is my sister, but that's only because of various vicious rumours about her amongst the family gossips - I suppose she's too beautiful, outgoing and successful for them to accept her as one of their own. She's still perfectly insane though.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:44 AM   #114
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I get along with the family I live with. My dad, step mother, my brother, and my step sister and step brother that moved out a while ago. I pretty much get along with them all. I mean my dad and step mother hate the way I dress and sometimes my dad and I get into fights and stuff, I still love them all. I also love my nieces that my step siblings have. This part of my family I really get along with. I love them all.

The second half, my so called "mother" and her husband and his kids I can't stand. The yelling and screaming that constantly goes on there is enough to drive any person crazy. I don't get along with my mother at all. She's made some really, really horrible decisions in her life. One of them marrying the guy she did. But it's okay, I don't talk to them anymore so it's all good.

But yeah I love the family I live with, just not the family I never see.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #115
Godslayer Jillian

Black sheep? Me?
I just asked my mommy for a kiss.
There have been instances when I would have thought myself the black sheep of the family.
I have had problems at home: Suicidal family, alcoholic grandpa, fights where I come scratched and once bloody.
But everything changed when I decided to change it. The circumstances really ARE up to the grab of whoeve wants to get them.
Whoever says he can't do anything about his situation is either a liar, or a quitter. Jesus changed our world for two millennia. Buddha changed it for two and a half. It's not too hard to do the same with your immediate surroundings.
Whoever says he's the black sheep of the family shouldn't wear it as a badge.
Yes, I love being different than them, but that doesn't make me the black sheep. That makes me the sheep that instead of "Baa" says "Woof"

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #116
deamon doll

yes i am. all my siblings are thugs and have done time. while me on the other hand have graduated from high school and havnt gotton in serious trouble. yet they treat me below because i dress differently and dont fit with the norm. truelly sad isnt it
deamon doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:52 AM   #117
Delkaetre

I think perhaps... those of you who have the title of black sheep and are not getting on with your family should attempt to get a job, move out, and become self-sufficient. At least that way you're doing everything for yourself and it no longer matters if you're the black sheep or not.
You could even- if things are really bad- go so far as to lose the family ties all together and live as an entirely separate entity. Needs for caring, comradeship, trust, etc can all be handled by a few good and close friends.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:23 AM   #118
Slap Your Love

Indeed I am. Says my Father, Mother, and Grandparents. Eh, but that's life humm?
Old 09-06-2006, 05:46 AM   #119
Quinny

I just got a job after not having one for about 4 months, And im moving out next week as well.

I never really got on well with my family but i wouldnt say im the black sheep. They're all so different that no one really stands out or blends in.
Quinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:57 AM   #120
Minyaliel

If my mother knew half of what I've been doing behind her back, I'd definitely be... but she doesn't so, no, I am not. (I've never done anything criminal, just to add. It's just a matter of... differences... she's a catholic, I'm a satanist, need I say more :P)
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:46 AM   #121
Child_of_Fury

Yes, definitely. And by 'family' I mean all my relatives as well. Most of them are very conservative... you should've seen their reaction when they saw my Elders' Dance Ball* dress (* a High School tradition in Finland; during the 2nd year we dress up fancy and perform old chambre dances) - their looks were priceless. And being a somewhat anarchist, I don't even want to fit in with the rest of the crew. I'd rather stand out with my own thoughts.

But don't get me wrong; I still get along with my folks. I love my family and relatives, and they love me. I'm pretty adaptive person. :P
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:17 AM   #122
She_Is_My_Sin

Meh, I'm just the average middle child. I'd say it's more my youngers sister. She looks different to me & my other sister (blonde, tanned & slim whereas we aren't exactly trim & tiny, both have dark brown hair & don't tan at all) she's also into mainstream stuff & goddamn awful music. My parents don't like that aspect of her much. Oh & the fact she never obeys anyone. She's not a bad person, but she's a bit strange to us.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #123
PersephoneX

i'm the reason my mom's unhappy...so the rest of the family make it very easy to see that i'm not welcome... but that's life...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:53 AM   #124
The Mystic Moon

They don't understand me. I just give them what they want to here and they leave me alone.
The Mystic Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #125
KontanKarite

They try. The family tries to understand me, but their view on how people should be is far too ingrained into their psyche'. It's like trying to explain color to a blind man with them. They literally can NOT get me.

They're convinced goths are Mansonites and emos. Poor blind souls. I actually tried to expose them to some real goth and the culture. They just ignored it and reverted back to "Goths are people who worship manson!!"

...Sad. But I don't live with them anymore. So fudge it.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote