Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #501
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon

You'd look a lot like the original Morticia Addams.

Ya know your right, thats totally who she looks like..

Quite the compliment, Carolyn Jones was a Beautiful woman..

As far as the Black hair goes, I agree with Wolfie. I think you could totally pull it off..

I went Blue Black myself last year, and I love it. My hair was already a Dark Red so the black doesn't look as harsh as it would have if I would have had naturally lighter hair, like blonde. I say go for it. Nothing lasts forever, and you can always dye it back if you don't like it.

Post pictures whatever color you choose.

We Adore Beautiful Women here at Gothic.Net

: )
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:32 AM   #502
IlGato_DiDiablo

I really want to go back to red now, my current color is blue black with my light browny blonde roots coming out. I want to dye it but it's going to end up dark, what can I do to get the red lighter without frying the hell out of my hair ? Help!!!!
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #503
Corpus_Draconis

I've been considering dying my hair black. I'm thinking about a warm black, but I look better in cooler-coloured clothes, especially cool reds and cool blues, so maybe a blue-black would look better? Part of the reason why I wanna dye my hair black is because I think it'll make me look paler (I'm passively tan-orexic).
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:29 AM   #504
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlGato_DiDiablo
I really want to go back to red now, my current color is blue black with my light browny blonde roots coming out. I want to dye it but it's going to end up dark, what can I do to get the red lighter without frying the hell out of my hair ? Help!!!!
You'll probably have to bleach it or buy a color removing kit. Either way it's going to be a pain because your hair is black.

You will most likely have to bleach it twice, just not all in the same day. Your hair is going to be really fried so buy a good deep conditioner. I found one that is really quite good ~ Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeeep Conditioner. I bought it at target for about $1-2.

Corpus ~ Blue-black is normally a good choice if you look good in cooler colors.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #505
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpus_Draconis
I've been considering dying my hair black. I'm thinking about a warm black, but I look better in cooler-coloured clothes, especially cool reds and cool blues, so maybe a blue-black would look better? Part of the reason why I wanna dye my hair black is because I think it'll make me look paler (I'm passively tan-orexic).
I agree with what Wolfie said, and I have to add that blue-black makes your hair look even darker than regular black.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #506
WolfMoon

Who needs Paul Mitchell?
Old 03-15-2006, 11:59 AM   #507
chloegoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany_the_writer
My tip for you, don't wash your hair every day. My stylist told me when she dyed my hair red to wash it every 4-5 days. That is normal for me lol but I know some people who can't stand greasy hair. I would also recommend using shampoo from a salon, its better quality. But yeah, like Spazik said, all hair colour fades, eventually.
(Whoah... this post was a few posts ago... sorry to dig it up)

I totally agree with that. My hair is elbow-length, and I dye it black every 6 weeks. Before, when it was natural (like, 6 years ago), I had loads of problems with split ends. It's super-healthy now, though. I wash my hair every 5-6 days. I only wash the part near my scalp (my hairdresser said that you shouldn't wash the ends because it washes out all the important oils), and then I leave conditioner in for 2-3 minutes before rinsing it out, and then let my hair air-dry (I never use anything more than a straightening iron once every two months or so). Before I dye it, I wash it without conditioning it. My hair doesn't split nearly as badly, and it's always shiny and healthy-looking. You can wash it more frequently if your hair's shorter, because the natural oils from your scalp will saturate the rest of your hair faster than if it's really long.

Question: what sort of blue black do people reccommend? I'm using Nice N' Easy right now because it fades less quickly than most everything else I've used, but I'm sure there's something better. Any suggestions?

Last edited by chloegoth; 03-15-2006 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Put in the wrong word for something
chloegoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:09 PM   #508
WolfMoon

I use Starry Night by Feria(Loreal) I only dye my hair every couple of months. It doesn't fade too much and I wash my hair every 3 days.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #509
succubus,queenofvampires

Whoa,I should remember using it if I want to ever dye my hair!
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:09 AM   #510
chloegoth

Quote:
I use Starry Night by Feria(Loreal) I only dye my hair every couple of months. It doesn't fade too much and I wash my hair every 3 days.
Hmmm... maybe it's my hair. I used that particular dye for a while, but if I left it until my roots got to the point where I started to look trashy (6 weeks or so - my hair grows really fast), then my hair would start to look really reddish, like the dye was fading out. Which sucks, because while it lasted, the color was awesome.

Any ideas?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:23 AM   #511
WolfMoon

Maybe it is your hair.

My hair is normally light brown and it doesn't fade drastically. I can see a lil red in it before I re-dye it, but for the most part it's still black.

Do you wash your hair before dying it? I never dye with clean hair.

I did use just a little bit of shampoo one time to help rinse after dying. It was supposed to just make the rinsing go faster instead of standing in the shower forever. My hair did fade more that time.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #512
chloegoth

I think I did wash it beforehand... I haven't tried using it recently, since I've been washing without conditioner and then dyeing it when it's a little dirty. I'll have to experiment with it again and see if it works (though I might stick with Nice N' Easy, since it's cheap and effective).

Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:37 PM   #513
TwistedKitsune

soooo, I've a question for all you wonderful people here. I had magenta-ish hair for quite a while

I liked it a lot, but it faded exceptionally oddly and my mom had kind of screwed up some highlights before this dye job and they were showing badly and so I went back to my natural color (I amazingly, on a first try, found a dye that matched my natural hair color perfectly, 9 months or so later and you can't tell it's growing out).

I'm missing having "different" hair though, and can't afford to go too different for the sake of attempting to find a job (apparently if you have odd hair your brain is somehow affected!? psh..)

I've been thinking about going a really dark red and was wondering if you and all your amazing advice could tell me whether or not, with my skin tone, it's a good idea....here's a pic of a non-magenta-ish me for a reference point:

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:00 AM   #514
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
I think it would look really cute. You just have to prepare yourself for looking really pale. If you can't find a really good shade of dark red, you can always go blue black!
Pale is not a problem...I go all ghosty on cloudy days...I'm just worried about the redness of it really, it made my face look a lot redder, I have really thin/delicate skin and as a result I tend to look vaguely flushed all the time. When my hair was magenta-y I had some people tell me in made me look redder, and some people tell me it sort of washed out the rest of the red. I'm not much a judge of myself and so I figured I'd ask around for opinions I valued more than random girls in various classes of mine.

As for your hair, the worst you can do is try the red, because, at the very least, it's something the black will cover up if you absolutely abhore it. It's sometimes fun to make easily correctable hair "mistakes." My problem is, now that I've found a dye that matches my natural hair color...I'm about 100 times more likely to experiment with my hair color-wise *giggle*

Old 03-18-2006, 06:27 AM   #515
IlGato_DiDiablo

That is one amazing color, and the lenth is beauitiful! Really suits you.
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 12:50 PM   #516
TwistedKitsune

I cut my hair to just a touch above shoulder length once...I felt naked until it grew back, plus I kept trying to brush hair that wasn't there. It was the same concept as a phantom limb when you get something amputated...except I had phantom hair which meant that whenever I brushed it I snapped through the ends with my brush, which just meant split ends galore.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #517
TwistedKitsune

on a vaguely random, but still on topic note, I found a triangular curling iron while I was moving this summer. My grandmother had found it when clearing out my grandfather's barber shop/salon and given it to me as a Christmas gift, and I completely forgot I had it. The picture on the box is so 80's that it's humorous. I'd love to use it, but with all my hair I can't imaging covering my entire head in triangular curls. Soooo, anyone have any cool ideas on hairstyles that could involved a triangular curling iron, waist-length hair, and prefferably -not- involve the rest of my natural life in the bathroom with the two of them?

Old 03-18-2006, 01:44 PM   #518
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlGato_DiDiablo
That is one amazing color, and the lenth is beauitiful! Really suits you.
I agree with her.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #519
TwistedKitsune

ah, compliments, weee...unfortunately it was just a Manic Panic job, so it didn't stay that marvelous color for very long. The good thing is that since my hair is a vaguely red brown to begin with, if I use a red based color over my natural color, I end up with, essentially, a darker version of what the color is "supposed" to look like, and when it fades, it doesn't look too bad, huzzah!

Old 03-19-2006, 05:36 AM   #520
Justmeuk

Wink

I change my hair colour often i've been blonde, red, black red, now i'm black and i love it!

Justmeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:57 AM   #521
WolfMoon

Looks good.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:15 AM   #522
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedKitsune
on a vaguely random, but still on topic note, I found a triangular curling iron while I was moving this summer. My grandmother had found it when clearing out my grandfather's barber shop/salon and given it to me as a Christmas gift, and I completely forgot I had it. The picture on the box is so 80's that it's humorous. I'd love to use it, but with all my hair I can't imaging covering my entire head in triangular curls. Soooo, anyone have any cool ideas on hairstyles that could involved a triangular curling iron, waist-length hair, and prefferably -not- involve the rest of my natural life in the bathroom with the two of them?
I'm not sure if it's even possible to use a curling iron on waist-length hair, babe. It would have to be very thin sections and it would definately take forever.

The triangular curling irons give you a cool crimped effect with out using crimpers.

Geisha, just do it!

If the red doesn't suit you, you can always dye it black. I wish I could see it with the through the process.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:20 PM   #523
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's even possible to use a curling iron on waist-length hair, babe. It would have to be very thin sections and it would definately take forever.

The triangular curling irons give you a cool crimped effect with out using crimpers.

It's entirely possible, much to the dismay of my arms, but I've done it before. It does however, take forever

I've added random singular triangular curls to funky messy up dos too, that's funky, you've gotta love the reactions to a curl with some semblance of angles.

Old 03-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #524
chloegoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedKitsune
It's entirely possible, much to the dismay of my arms, but I've done it before. It does however, take forever

Amen to that. It takes forever, and you have to pin the curls up in the meantime, or else the weight of your hair will pull the curls out before you get them all done.

Maybe pigtails with triangle curls, instead of the corkscrews that most people do? That might be interesting...
Old 03-19-2006, 11:36 PM   #525
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloegoth
Maybe pigtails with triangle curls, instead of the corkscrews that most people do? That might be interesting...
That's a cute idea, and it'd be less length to deal with, I'll have to experiment one of these days