Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-19-2006, 04:36 AM   #51
succubus,queenofvampires

Yeah, I know.I'm not worried as much as I used to be.I'm actually kind of convinced that they write these books just to get money.But there are some times where I think:But what if it's true?
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #52
Circle V

The Apocalyse, nuclear war, and similar things are frightening because they're utterly inescapable. If someone's trying to kill you, you can fight back or run. If a meteor is coming for your town, there's nothing you can do.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:40 PM   #53
DrenchedInGin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle V
When you spend more time thinking about death than living, you're already dead. That said, I'm often preoccupied with it on some level, be it subconscious or conscious. I don't allow it to dominate my life, or even to truly depress me.
That sounds healthy enough to me. I don't think thoughts of death are so bad unless they're preventing you from doing what you wish to in life. It probably doesn't hurt to be prepared for the possibility of death, either.

In my great-grandmother's time children were encouraged to think about death every day, and to prepare themselves for the very real possibility that they may not live to see the next year. Yet my great-grandmother achieved a lot with her life in spite of this (and in spite of extreme poverty) and apparently had a wonderful sense of humour to boot.

Sooo... thoughts of mortality leads to understanding of humanity which leads to the desire to live which leads to the desire to eat which leads to the desire to eat well which leads to over-consumption of chocolate. It does for me, anyway.

(Reaches for another chocolate biscuit.)
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:20 PM   #54
athilla nemrie

I have no problem with death itself. Its the dying part that bothers me because I don't know how I would feel. One thing's for sure I want to die young. And I'd hate it if I die in in a struggle or in a panic.
athilla nemrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #55
WolfMoon

I don't want to die in an accident.

One of my friends died in a car crash, he dove in front of his wife's side of the car. She didn't have her seatbelt on. He died on impact.

She was in a coma for 6 weeks(If I remember correctly), but managed to survive. She'll be handi-capped for the rest of her life, but at least she gets to see her daughter grow up. I haven't seen her in years.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #56
JuliaGaltic

I have always been a little bit afraid of dying. There are so many people I would miss and so many important events I wouldn't be there for. Not so much afraid of death as much as just dying too young, I guess, and maybe the pain that might be involved in the process.

I believe in reincarnation. I have my own reasons but am open to the idea that maybe it's my own way of dealing with death. Maybe I delude myself in order to cope with the finality of it all. Either way, self-delusion or not, I believe there's more too it and in reincarnation.

I've spoken to 2 different people who had no relation to eachother about dying. Each one of these people had died for a few minutes. They both said the same thing. Utter peace and no pain at all. They said it was actually painful to be brought back and expressed some regret at not staying in that complete state of...can't think of the word. Although they were greatful they got some more time with their loved ones. This eased my fear quite a bit. Now I just hope I don't die young.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #57
Godslayer Jillian

I would like to know the day I'm going to die a day before it happens.
That way, I can say my final words, tie the loose knots, and I would put on a tuxedo to go to sleep with my arms crossed in my chest, because if I died sleeping, I wouldn't like to be found dead in my PJs

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #58
WolfMoon

We are rarely prepared for it, love.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #59
Godslayer Jillian

That's the thing that scares me
I need a hug

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #60
| BlackOps | couch

http://www.thekidswindow.co.uk/image...ts/RAU0002.jpg
| BlackOps | couch is offline   Reply With Quote