Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #401
Justmeuk

Some of my art....

Justmeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #402
Justmeuk

Old 02-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #403
Justmeuk

Old 02-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #404
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron
Here is a larger version of the image:

You really are supremely talented..

One of these days when I'm not a Broke Ass Ho , I'll commission you to do a landscape for us.

Truly Fantastic..

I totally get the feel that I could reach out and touch the water if I tried hard enough..

Really Amazing Meta..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #405
Justmeuk

Awww Well thankyou X
I've got more to post but dont want to take up too much space!!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:05 PM   #406
Deviant Kitten

I love your dragon, Justme! Dragons rawk =)

Meta - wow! Just... wow! *stares in awe at beautiful painting* O_0

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #407
Justmeuk

art

Good idea about the curtains! i will try that

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...meuk/skull.jpg
Old 02-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #408
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
You have a very good geometric perspective, and everything is wonderfully three-dimensional except the angel. She's fine except for her clothing. Fabric's really hard to do, though...
I find that people were the hardest for me to learn how to draw...I don't know why, but it was hard to get them to look realistic.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #409
Justmeuk

Old 02-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #410
Justmeuk

I agree Metatron, i cannot draw peoples faces at all!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:26 PM   #411
Justmeuk

Heres an example...

Old 02-28-2006, 12:33 PM   #412
Justmeuk

Yep, people and fabrics i'll have to practice on.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #413
Deviant Kitten

Weirdly, almost the only things I draw are faces. I'm obsessed with the shape and shadows; people are so much fun to draw! If I ever get around to getting a digital camera or scanner I'll post some here.

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #414
She_Is_My_Sin

My dad always used to make me draw landscapes & flowers when I was little, he was really pushy when it came to them. He also made me draw celtic & religious stuff too ( I remember being around 9 & drawing an image of the Virgin Mary that was later framed his 'pride & joy').
But I guess it's only because he wanted me to do well in art. But he really dispises my fantasy stuff, even though I never really show most of it to anyone.
Anyways I did this a few weeks ago in my sketching set that I never used before. It's a self portrait & to be honest I made my nose slightly smaller.( the thing underneath the nose is where the paper went funny after erasing something)
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #415
She_Is_My_Sin

Ok , thank you
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #416
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
You really are supremely talented..

One of these days when I'm not a Broke Ass Ho , I'll commission you to do a landscape for us.

Truly Fantastic..

I totally get the feel that I could reach out and touch the water if I tried hard enough..

Really Amazing Meta..
You have no idea how much it means to be complimented like that from someone I admire so much. Thank you, truly.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:17 PM   #417
Sanctus Dei

Metatron... here's a deal for you, come live with me for a few months and teach me how to paint and I'll teach you how to do realistic faces...
Example: (a pic I did (not finished) of Scott Steiner fer my luv for his birthday, not sure if I posted this before of not but I'm gonna anyway.)

Keep in mind it's not entirely done but....Is it a deal Metatron??
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #418
Metatron

Haha, it's a deal! That's a part of art I could always use a little work in.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #419
ExistentialDisorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I never did get to come back and tell you how much I enjoyed that piece you posted here;

Can you share what the emotions were behind it? I relate with it for personal reasons of my own. If it's too personal, I understand.

But either way, it is tremendously powerful and I like it very much.

Please post more. As far as the subject of Nudity goes, I don't see why it wouldn't be acceptable as long as it is in an Artistic context. I guess I should double check with the Admins to be sure.

Great work though..
Thanks EPS. Its rather inspiring to know that you liked that piece so much. I would use 'flattering' but for some reason I don't like that word. I tried to reply to your comments the other day, but when I hit submit, the site froze up - as it does rather frequently for me - so it got lost somewhere in cyberspace. I didn't have the time then to try retyping. But as I was trying to say then, I don't have a problem trying to interpret my meaning behind it for you. The only issue is that if I do, it might alter the meaning of it that you have in your mind.

That particular piece came out durring a time of rather extreme "emotional deprivation" for me (for lack of a better term). Without going into too much detail, I was involved in a relationship that left me constantly feeling alone and caused me to do a lot of self analysis that reached far beyond the confines of that particular relationship. The brick wall, the dreams and the rain, are all rather symbolic of my thoughts and feelings at the time, about everything. Somewhat even still. It seemed that no matter how hard I tried, when it comes to other people (friends or lovers), it always feels like I'm blocked off from everybody. And yet one of my human flaws, as a libra especially, makes human contact and emotional connection nearly as vital as air, water and food. Sometimes even moreso. Maybe the whole part about the libra thing is bs, but for me it makes sense.

Originally I'd intended to make him a sort of cyborg, with metal bits and wires and hoses sticking here and there. More symbolism of being partially what others try to make us into instead of what we are by nature. He was also suppose to be connected to the wall, being fed his life force via some sort of greenish, sticky fluid through the hoses - also rather symbolic - and the reason why the whole image is bathed in a green light. But at the time I'd just started learning how to work with 3d objects and really didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. The more I worked on it the less it looked like what I was originally aiming for and instead became much more of a personal piece. As it turned out, the only thing that's 3d is the figure. I put my own tattoo on his back in order for him to have a more solid representation of myself. And the poem, if you can call it a poem, was written around the same time, but added later.

There's a bit more to it than all of this but that's the simplest way I can describe it.

I will post more. I have a few that I've been working on lately but they aren't finished. They're not nearly as deep or meaningful necessarily, but that is all based on opinion, and my mood. Again, I'm glad you appreciate it. It means a lot. Especially after all this time that I've thought you didn't like me. Course maybe you still don't. Heh.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #420
ExistentialDisorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Metatron... here's a deal for you, come live with me for a few months and teach me how to paint and I'll teach you how to do realistic faces...
Example: (a pic I did (not finished) of Scott Steiner fer my luv for his birthday, not sure if I posted this before of not but I'm gonna anyway.)

Keep in mind it's not entirely done but....Is it a deal Metatron??
That is excellent work, Sanctus.

I have no clue who mr. Steiner is, but from the looks of that image he's pretty hot.

*opps... backs away...*

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 03-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #421
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistentialDisorder
Thanks EPS. Its rather inspiring to know that you liked that piece so much. I would use 'flattering' but for some reason I don't like that word. I tried to reply to your comments the other day, but when I hit submit, the site froze up - as it does rather frequently for me - so it got lost somewhere in cyberspace. I didn't have the time then to try retyping. But as I was trying to say then, I don't have a problem trying to interpret my meaning behind it for you. The only issue is that if I do, it might alter the meaning of it that you have in your mind.

Again, I'm glad you appreciate it. It means a lot. Especially after all this time that I've thought you didn't like me. Course maybe you still don't. Heh.
Certainly we all take something different away when appreciating & interpreting Art.

That's one of the things I love the most about it. Each piece says something unique to each individual. I also always enjoy hearing the stories behind pieces that really strike an emotional chord with me, like yours did. It never changes what I take away from it, only adds to the dimension of the piece for me. If that makes sense..

As far as not liking you, the only thing we don't share are our Political views for the most part. I know tons of people who I don't share the same views with, that are friends anyway.

If I didn't dig you, I wouldn't have written that long winded post in your " cheating fuck" thread.

And besides, none of those things effect the way I see Art.

You would be talented regardless of how I felt about you.

Honestly..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #422
ExistentialDisorder

Cool. Understood.

It would be nice to know what your interpretation of it was. You can PM it to me if you'd rather not post it here.

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #423
Metatron

That's who I thought it was at first too! Anyways...here's something I did in class today. Can you guess what was on my mind at the time? :P It's not totally awesome, but it is all from memory...

Old 03-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #424
Demon Eyes

Ladies and Gentlemen, I've hit a brick wall, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Now here's my dilemma.
I don't really have that much drawings on your standard 8 x 11 white paper, the few I do have I've already scanned and am getting ready to post it, but it's mostly my early work. All my most recent drawings are roughly poster size and don't fit on my scanner's surface. I've tried taking a photo of it but the quality I get from it sucks horribly. Any ideas on how I should approach this?
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #425
PhilSmith

It's that time again...

PhilSmith is offline   Reply With Quote