Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:34 AM   #1
ChrisMV

Eyeliner???

This has been posted a lot by other people but........ Should I go with the eyeliner? I live....well was moved to a country area full of jock's and farmers I am pretty positive these people will have a bad reaction to the eyeliner. Being called gay every day could get rather annoying(since they have no original thought's and can only assume that one wearing eyeliner is gay.)
ChrisMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:35 AM   #2
Solumina

Do what you want, you obviously know what reaction you will get so decide if it is worth putting up with it
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:37 AM   #3
Tea and Cake or Death

It's just makeup. Put it on. See how you feel. If you don't like it, wash it off.

........if someone calls you gay, ask them how they know that you are gay, and how did they become the aficionado of all things homosexual.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:37 AM   #4
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I personally choose not to wear eyeliner simply because I do not want to waste the time perfecting putting it on. That and i'm sure it won't look good.
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:09 AM   #5
Minyaliel

If it looks good on you and you know how to put it on properly, well, I'd just say go with your guts and remember that people often are talking because if they stopped doing so they'd probably grow some brains and start thinking (ooh, scary stuff!).
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #6
RazorKiss

Kind of like my case.
Small town. Narrow minded inhabitants.
Full of superstitions and so quick to judge.
I get called gay quite often, I'm used to it by now.
Plus, I don't give a f**k.

Yet, I don't even use eyeliner all the time.

Do what you really want to do.
Don't please them. Please yourself.
RazorKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #7
Opteron_Man

Hell do it for you. If it looks good to you and makes you happy, then do it!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
Arashi

If you like eyeliner, wear eyeliner. If they call you gay, ask them how they became so knowledgeable on what makes a person homosexual. ("Experience?")
Do what you like, and really... There are a lot worse things than being accused of being gay.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #9
electrosexual

I'm a guy, and I wear eyeliner. Aswell as foundation, lipgloss, day-glo eyeshadow, wigs, platforms, women's clothing etc.

Wear eyeliner if you want to. So what if they think you're gay. Is that a bad thing really? Just pull it off with an air of confidence. That way people won't see you as weak and will be less likely to pick on you.

And for the love of God, if you DO wear eyeliner, please please please do it right. Practice it, and make sure it doesn't look shit before you wear it in public. And NEVER wear eyeliner anywhere except the eye area. NO swirls/pentagrams/crosses. Otherwise it will just scream mallgoth/emo.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:31 AM   #10
Grimm

I know how you feel. I lived in a small town of 5500 people not too long ago. I wore eyeliner every now and then, and every time i did, i would get very dirty looks and very crude remarks. I've even been spit on a few times by people in passing cars, JUST FOR THE WAY I DRESS! I was asked if i was REALLY a male, i was called an array of homosexual and emo terms, and nobody really liked me there. It wasn't fun at all. But i stuck with it, i believed the darkness would help me through it, and i stayed true to who i am reguardless of what the ignorant idiots thought of me.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:43 AM   #11
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm
i believed the darkness would help me through it
Are you fucking serious?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:20 AM   #12
Minyaliel

Quote:
I know how you feel. I lived in a small town of 5500 people not too long ago. I wore eyeliner every now and then, and every time i did, i would get very dirty looks and very crude remarks. I've even been spit on a few times by people in passing cars, JUST FOR THE WAY I DRESS! I was asked if i was REALLY a male, i was called an array of homosexual and emo terms, and nobody really liked me there. It wasn't fun at all. But i stuck with it, i believed the darkness would help me through it, and i stayed true to who i am reguardless of what the ignorant idiots thought of me.
*starts humming the Emo song* Seriously, kid, get over your victim mentality.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #13
honeythorn

Quote:
i believed the darkness would help me through it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Are you fucking serious?
Waitwait.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-4VOLeKBOw

Yeah. Let the love in.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #14
crucifix

hell, I had a guy tell me last week, "sorry lady, thought you where a boy at first with eyeliner on." Then I said EXCUSE ME in my guy voice and he looked at me all weired like and walked away. I get that every now and then when I am gothed up. People think I am a skinny girl. ANYWAY, if ya wanna, wear it; if ya don't, then don't. Eyeliner is not a requirement.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #15
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm (With minor changed from Soli because it was making my eyes sad)
I lived in a small town of 5500 people not too long ago. I was called an array of homosexual and emo terms.
That is a fairly normal size for a town, not exactly teeny, get back to me when you're "home town" only qualifies as a village because it isn't big enough to be a town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm (With minor changed from Soli because it was making my eyes sad)
I was called an array of homosexual and emo terms.
What is exactly is considered an "emo term"? Sad kid?

Quote:
I believed the darkness would help me through it
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
I stayed true to who I am regardless of what the ignorant idiots thought of me.
That is a shame cuz who you are is an obnoxious little brat with a victim complex
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
That is a fairly normal size for a town, not exactly teeny, get back to me when you're "home town" only qualifies as a village because it isn't big enough to be a town.
Hahahaha. The city I live in has a population of over 2 million, where he lives IS tiny.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #17
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Hahahaha. The city I live in has a population of over 2 million, where he lives IS tiny.
Agreed. I've seen more people than that in a single day. Just one show at bluesfest this year pulled in over 30 000 fans. There are 4 other stages at bluesfest, all with shows going simultaneously. Hell, my school is 2200 student. 5500 people = nothing.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #18
Tea and Cake or Death

Eh....if they call you gay just remind them that Kurt Cobain, & Robert Smith wore/ware eyeliner, and had/have wifes. And that some chicks are turned on by it. So they could be missing out on the girls with that fetish.

....I know I've probably spelled something wrong, but for some strange reason my brain seems to be off right now. BLEH.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #19
Solumina

My point wasn't that he lived somewhere huge but that a town that size is nothing to complain about. I'm sure that it has plenty places to eat, shop, buy gas, nearby schools, and convenient places have fun and hang out with friends. Also with that many people you don't really know everyone, yeah you may know most of their faces but you don't really know much about them. There are places where that just isn't the case. Take for instance where I grew up (I love it now but it wasn't the most exciting place to grow up), it is a historic village of about 1700 people and yes I am on a first name basis with about 90% of the residents between the ages of 15 and 45 (although I'm fairly sure that everyone above that age knows who I am because they know my mother). We have a post office, general store (Linda the owner also owns a flock of sheep that live in the large yard behind the store), a small bakery, and an elementary school...oh and a map maker named Eugene, he is very nice. That is all the commerce that the village offers, other than the first full weekend of October then about 30,000 people descend upon it for our annual historic fair and then suddenly there is no parking to be found, it is quite a bother but there is nummy food so I don't generally complain...hm I seem to have gotten very much off topic, oh well.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #20
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
My point wasn't that he lived somewhere huge but that a town that size is nothing to complain about. I'm sure that it has plenty places to eat, shop, buy gas, nearby schools, and convenient places have fun and hang out with friends. Also with that many people you don't really know everyone, yeah you may know most of their faces but you don't really know much about them. There are places where that just isn't the case. Take for instance where I grew up (I love it now but it wasn't the most exciting place to grow up), it is a historic village of about 1700 people and yes I am on a first name basis with about 90% of the residents between the ages of 15 and 45 (although I'm fairly sure that everyone above that age knows who I am because they know my mother). We have a post office, general store (Linda the owner also owns a flock of sheep that live in the large yard behind the store), a small bakery, and an elementary school...oh and a map maker named Eugene, he is very nice. That is all the commerce that the village offers, other than the first full weekend of October then about 30,000 people descend upon it for our annual historic fair and then suddenly there is no parking to be found, it is quite a bother but there is nummy food so I don't generally complain...hm I seem to have gotten very much off topic, oh well.
Interesting and a good point. =]
My town used to be that tiny about 20 years ago, but we're really growing. There's still a few 'narrow-minded' country people, but I say why care what they think. Look at it this way. Eventually you'll move on with your life and they'll probably be stuck there. And who cares about being called gay? Just come up with a smart comeback and walk away proudly.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:07 AM   #21
Solumina

Oh good there was still a point in there, I though I may have lost it with all of the rambling (I seem to be doing a bit of that lately)
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #22
thekorupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMV
This has been posted a lot by other people but........ Should I go with the eyeliner? I live....well was moved to a country area full of jock's and farmers I am pretty positive these people will have a bad reaction to the eyeliner. Being called gay every day could get rather annoying(since they have no original thought's and can only assume that one wearing eyeliner is gay.)
Get some eyeliner... try it out at home. wear it around the hosue and comfortable people until you feel comfortable, then go with it if you like it.

Don't ask if you should wear it. That isn't the question. Do YOU WANT to wear it?
thekorupt is offline   Reply With Quote