Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #101
lena

My favorite poet is Robert Frost. I absolutely love his poem "The Road Not Taken"
Old 06-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #102
ElektricKat

Hmmm...
I think Emile Zola is brilliant, probably my all-time favourite, and also love Maupassant, de Sade and Victor Hugo... recently become fond of Jean Paul-Sartre as well.
Iris Murdoch (nobody could write a character like that woman), D.H.Lawrence, Ray Bradbury, George Orwell, P.G.Wodehouse... I've read just about all of Stephen King's books, which is odd because that kind of thing doesnt usually appeal to me, so there must be something in it.
Poet-wise my favourite is T.S.Eliot, I read Prufrock whenever I feel a bit stressed out, its like my personal valium. I like e.e.cummings, too. Has anyone read Ted Hughes' 'Crow'? Its a bit disturbing and bloody good, too. In my humble opinion, of course
ElektricKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #103
belle hawk

Dickens
Edgar Allan Poe-I easpecially adore one of his poem called Annabel Lee
J.R.R.Tolkein
George Orwell
Tolstoy
Dostoyevsky
JK. Rowling-another HP fan
Emily Dickenson
David Eddings
Wilbur Smith
belle hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:58 AM   #104
LadyTsepish

Favorite authors:

Alexandre Dumas (Three Musketeers, Count of Monte Cristo, and The Man in the Iron Mask) and Jane Austen (favorite books by her are Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, and Northanger Abbey)

I have a lot of favorite books, but not really favorite authors.
LadyTsepish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #105
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Jodi Picoult
Piers Anthony
Darren Shan
There's a lot others but they escape my memory right now.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #106
insertwittyname

Kelley Armstrong, Mercedes Lackey, and S. L. Viehl. Great authors, I'm a science fiction and fantasy fan who is only allowed to read books in the adult section that my mother has deamed worthy. *15 and can already read 4 books of each of those author's in a day and mother finds most adult books to "mature" for me, leaving my choices of literature exeedingly (sp) dull* S. L. Viehl has some ..."scenes"... but they aren't too bad, was very suprised my mother actually handed me one of his books and said to go for it, it's a great book. Anyone know of some good fantasy/science fiction books that have blood and romance in them that does not turn out with them dying or something? *vampire or werewolf ones preferred, Mooncalled and Dhampir are some really good ones*
Old 08-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #107
honeythorn

blimey! here goes,in no particular order,

michael moorcock, katherine kerr, james clemens, hp lovecraft, tolkein, pratchett ( one of the few people to see the world as it really is), clive barker, mervyn peake, neil gaiman, poe, anne rice and jane welch. so far...............

i need a much bigger bookcase, i'm having to stack books in corners, theyre breeding!!!!!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:59 PM   #108
Toni

Patrick Suskind, Anne Rice, Kelley Armstrong, Poppy Z Brite, Wayne Sharrocks, James Herbert & E.A. Poe
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #109
Vyvian Blackthorne

I will now list all me favoruites
Oldens
Edgar Allan Poe, Charles Baudelaire, Oscar Wilde, Marquis De Sade, H.P. Lovecraft, Dante, Geoffery Chaucer, William Shakespere, Rikki Ducornet, Virigina Woolf, Emily Dickinson, John Keats, Lord Byron, Anne Radcliff, Horace Walpole (4th Earl of Orford), Anthony Burgess, Mary and Percy Shelley, Bram Stoker, George Orwell, the brothers grimm, and many others

Newies
Neil Gaiman, Anne Rice (old work not the new shit), Poppy Z. Brite, JCV (IF he counts), Catilin R., Clive Barker, Stephen King
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:44 AM   #110
Momerath

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonHeart
Hunter S. Thompson, Neil Gaiman, Aldous Huxley, James St. James. Then there's the old(er) school; Dante Alighieri, Lewis Carroll, and of course Poe.
Alright!! For Neil Gaiman, Aldous Huxley, James St. James, Dante, Poe, AND Lewis Carroll(Go go Alice!).

I really like Chuck Palahniuk, and Ray Bradbury a lot, also.

And I guess Anne Rice, also.
Momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #111
manequin

Errrm... Hmmmm... For old authors I've got to say Egdar Allen Poe is amazing! So is Oscar Wylde. But for modern authors my favourite at the moment is Thomas Harris (He wrote the Hanible Lecter books) I have only seen red dragon but I've read all the Hanible books baring Hanible Rising (but im getting it soon).
manequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #112
Butcher and the Butterfly

Vladimir nabokov and Chuck palahnuik
Butcher and the Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote