Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Jaye Jang

Unhappy Not happy

Haven't posted here for awhile, but today I just feel the need to. Just got through paying my rent, student loans, tax bills, yada, yada, etc., ad nauseum. Got a phone call today. Two friends and three of my relatives are being down-sized, possibly out of jobs. (Yes, I know. It's a recession. Got that. I can relate. I work two jobs to make ends meet and my pay has been cut on both jobs). Got a message from job #1 today (the one that pays all of the above-mentioned bills and a few others). It looks like I'm being down-sized, possibly out of a job. I still have the part-time job left, but that only covers ancillary expenses (i.e. gas, laundry, etc.). If the news is bad, by this time next week I could be back to square 1-- job-hunting again, while working temp hire/day labor. Not a happy camper.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
prophecyofdoom

I'm sorry Money/direction of life worries can really keep one awake at night. I should know.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
KontanKarite

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes, I don't know exactly how to take it either...

The only thing that's kept my head above water is not owning a vehicle.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
You are lucky not owning a car: I paid $3.69 a gallon today for gasoline. I remember when it was 25 CENTS a gallon.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
Corpsey

I wish I could remember when NZ used to go by the gallon.

We have been paying over a buck per gallon since the 1970's...

Currently we are paying roughly two bucks per litre and unless my imperials are completely incorrect, a Gallon is 4 litres, so you northern monkeys are paying just over half of what us antipodes folk are paying.

JJ, that seriously sucks utter bollocks. I've yet to be put in such a position but I've seen multiple friends go through such situations and I jsut really hope you have some people who can still support you emotionally through all of this. If not, making a shirt with "Will impersonate Bill Crosby for food" written across it may help.

>_>

Just a thought.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:52 AM   #6
Jaye Jang

Corpsey,

Thanks. Love the shirt idea. Thanks folks. So far, my boss has been out sick, so no word yet. Breathing space is good.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
honeythorn

I have been laid off work numerous times , been sacked, and been made redundant once. I may not have bills to pay apart from rent to mother, but I can certainly sympathise with the stress. I hope it all works out for you.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
$haDe

I think I know how u feel...
I've been working as an independent graphic designer for a while...

And until last Feb that I have to save the money...for my survival.
I ate only dinner... no breakfast (a cup of chocolate) no lunch(chocolate again) and a bowl of noodle... as dinner

I lost 6 kg of my weight (It's 42 now) And My BF couldn't afford any help Though his part is those bills... (It's killing him,As I see..)

So keep trying, Lend as much as u can.. Pay them back later(I mean..friend,family..etc)

p.s.Some dinner that cute guy gladly take me to hotel's dinner room..
hehe all free Free Free FREE FREEEEEE...!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHa...!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:17 AM   #9
KontanKarite

I am severakky drunk n i hAVE no idea what you mean. Paying bills? The fuck you talking about?

edit Fcuk, I thougjt this was ab0ut jcc's sister...

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
Jaye Jang

Boss is back and feeling better. 'We' have a meeting scheduled next week. I might be feeling better, or not. By the way, Kontan, you're forgiven.