Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
Despanan

Republicans love to play the Martyr Card.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...0/1529529.aspx

Quote:
From NBC's Mark Murray
Earlier today, Obama remarked on recent outbursts of "Traitor!" "Terrorist!" and "Kill him!" at McCain campaign events. "It's easy to rile up a crowd," Obama said. "Nothing's easier than riling up a crowd by stoking anger and division. But that's not what we need right now in the United States."

In response, McCain senior adviser Nicolle Wallace released this statement, NBC's Kelly O'Donnell reports. "Barack Obama's assault on our supporters is insulting and unsurprising. These are the same people obama called 'bitter' and attacked for 'clinging to guns' and faith. He fails to understand that people are angry at corrupt practices in Washington and Wall Street and he fails to understand that America's working families are not 'clinging' to anything other than the sincere hope that Washington will be reformed from top to bottom."

"Attacking our supporters is a new low for the campaign that's run more millions of dollars of negative ads than any other in history."

*** UPDATE *** McCain campaign spokesman Brian Rogers adds in another statement: “Barack Obama’s attacks on Americans who support John McCain reveal far more about him than they do about John McCain. It is clear that Barack Obama just doesn’t understand regular people and the issues they care about. He dismisses hardworking middle class Americans as clinging to guns and religion, while at the same time attacking average Americans at McCain rallies who are angry at Washington, Wall Street and the status quo."
So let me get this straight, A crowd of McCain supporters start's calling Obama a "traitor" and literally calls for his blood. Obama blows it off stating that "it's easy to rile up a crowd" and somehow we're supposed to believe that it's Obama who's in the wrong?

Is there really no low the Republican party won't stoop to?

On a related note, McCain may have let a beast out of it's cage when he and Palin started implying that Obama was a traitor. I just heard a story about a guy being harassed at a local bar for wearing an Obama T-shirt. To be fair, at this point it's unconfirmed, but it wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing this, or even assaults against Obama supporters.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
noveleigh

Wow, more dirty politics from the McCain/Palin campaign. It's disgusting.

Quote:
"Attacking our supporters is a new low for the campaign that's run more millions of dollars of negative ads than any other in history."
That's complete bullshit. I've seen more negative (and out right false) statements in McCain's adds than in Obama's. I just don't get where Obama was in the wrong. He excused those people for acting like a complete bunch of morons, even though they threatened him...and he's attacked for doing so. What the fuck?
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Despanan

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...ry/721688.html

MCCain is trying to contain the mob mentality, with mixed results.

This honestly worries me. It looks like the Republicans have sewn the seeds of fear so thoroughly that we have hordes of paranoid idiots out for blood and quickly reaching a point where they are impossible to control.

I see this possibly leading to assaults on Obama supporters, and maybe even assassination attempts. After all what's a "right thinking" guy to do when his country is about to be taken over by a "Manchurian Candidate"?
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:55 PM   #4
CptSternn

Heh - I posted a similar thread on this in the Politics section. Its funny to see their own tricks blow up in their face.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
noveleigh

I just hope that Obama is keeping safe through all this, and will endeavor to keep security around him. Especially if he gets elected president. As much as I love Biden (seriously, I want to adopt him as a third grandfather, heh), I never want to see any harm come to Obama. First the KKK showing up at the first presidential debate, and now this? Geez.
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote