Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
Selenite Rose

Hello.

Im new. Obviously.
Well... I'm not quite sure what to say, so I'll answer some of those questions at the beginning thread of this forum.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Im still in school, and as for hobbies... I read alot, i'm into music alot, and I like to design dresses sometimes when I'm feeling creative.

2. Where are you from? Ohio. The state of unpredictable weather.

3. Who is your favorite author? I don't have a favorite... I enjoy Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series... that's my most recent obsession.

4. What are your favorite films? I like many... Sweeney Todd, and basically anything with Johnny Depp haha. Tim Burton films. I just saw The Mist because I like Stephen King and it was just wow.... crazy.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? In my love's arms. Or some sort of self-sacrifice.

8. What kind of casket would you want? Hawthorne because it's my celtic tree. With roses carved in it.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Well I don't actually have it made, but some of the dresses i drew i REEALLY like.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? My imagination was more intact.

11. What's your favorite band? TOO many to choose.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I'm still in high school but I'm going to major in Psychology, minor i creative writing and philosophy.

13. Why did you join? I like the lit and forums.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female.
Selenite Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
JCC

You're going to have to be awesome because otherwise everyone will hate you. I mean, Twilight? Suicide.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Selenite Rose

yeah... dont really care if everyone hates me....
Selenite Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
HellforgedX

There, there, now. The books were fairly decent. I suggest picking up a copy of Neverwhere, or, for that matter, anything else by Neil Gaiman. His collaboration with Terry Pratchett on Good Omens was fantastic, too.
If you liked the Twilight books, you'll probably also like the Anita Blake books by Laurell K. Hamilton, and the Southern Vampire books by Charlaine Harris.
Might be a good idea to at least list your top 5 favorite bands, or at least what is in your CD player/mp3 player/computer media player right now, so we better know where to direct our insults and put downs. Most of the people on these boards are extremely shallow and it gives us great pleasure to be able to cut up another's choice in entertainment.
Welcome to the machine!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

This is where you can show your mettle. Tell JCC to fuck himself, and then move on. Don't let people here push you around for your tastes in music, literature, etc.

Welcome!

Edit: Hellforge is dead on, in my opinion. Neverwhere was great fun to read.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
JCC

I never got that.

'Go fuck yourself'

I'm a fourteen year old alone in my bedroom. What else do you think I do?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #7
HellforgedX

One more, JCC! One more!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I never got that.

'Go fuck yourself'

I'm a fourteen year old alone in my bedroom. What else do you think I do?

Try to pick on people for the books they like to read, apparently.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #9
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
Try to pick on people for the books they like to read, apparently.
It's a gift when someone opens up your eyes to the fact that your taste is shitty. Why would you want to deny her the good books she could be getting into?
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #10
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaffected Shoelaces
It's a gift when someone opens up your eyes to the fact that your taste is shitty. Why would you want to deny her the good books she could be getting into?
And who are you decide what's shitty? I understand recommending something new, but, really, are you going to ridicule someone else for what they like, and then act as though you're being benevolent?

You could, y'know, try being civil, and then recommend something that you think is worthwhile.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #11
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
And who are you decide what's shitty?
Someone with taste.

Quote:
I understand recommending something new, but, really, are you going to ridicule someone else for what they like, and then act as though you're being benevolent?
Actually, yes. Mocking isn't always malicious.

Besides, from an interwebs point of view, would you seriously stick around if most of the threads were made by (and full of) people who love Twilight and similar crap? Pest control, boy. Screw that "all tastes are equally valid" bullshit, I come to this place because there are some highly intelligent people here. If a few newbies get chased off in the interests of maintaining standards, it's very sad and all, but I'm sure there are Twilight forums a-plenty clanking around the world wide web.

Quote:
You could, y'know, try being civil, and then recommend something that you think is worthwhile.
I don't entirely disagree with this - but who are we to judge others for their responses to certain things, right?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Someone with taste.

Actually, yes. Mocking isn't always malicious.

Besides, from an interwebs point of view, would you seriously stick around if most of the threads were made by (and full of) people who love Twilight and similar crap? Pest control, boy. Screw that "all tastes are equally valid" bullshit, I come to this place because there are some highly intelligent people here. If a few newbies get chased off in the interests of maintaining standards, it's very sad and all, but I'm sure there are Twilight forums a-plenty clanking around the world wide web.

I don't entirely disagree with this - but who are we to judge others for their responses to certain things, right?
Fine. Judge away. Here's a judgement: you're a high-handed, arrogant cunny. Is that intelligible enough for you?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #13
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Fine. Judge away. Here's a judgement: you're a high-handed, arrogant cunny. Is that intelligible enough for you?
Kudos on the word cunny - however, in my infinite arrogance, I declare the rest your judgement invalid.

Oh, and I never actually used the word "intelligible", so I assume your post is based on a misreading of the word "intelligent". How ironic.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #14
JCC

Hey, who are you to decide that, flaunting around your opinions like fact?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #15
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Kudos on the word cunny - however, in my infinite arrogance, I declare the rest your judgement invalid.

Oh, and I never actually used the word "intelligible", so I assume your post is based on a misreading of the word "intelligent". How ironic.

There's no mistake. Calling you a cunny isn't exactly intelligent, but I do believe that my statement was intelligible. I just want to make sure that you fully understand what I think of you.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #16
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Hey, who are you to decide that, flaunting around your opinions like fact?

Now this is really irony, Shoelaces.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #17
Saya

"Why can't you be polite?"

"I don't want to be, and mocking is effective."

"YOU SUCK YOU CUNNY!"
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #18
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
There's no mistake. Calling you a cunny isn't exactly intelligent, but I do believe that my statement was intelligible. I just want to make sure that you fully understand what I think of you.
Hey, if it makes you happy, air those grievances like three day old nylon underwear. It's always funny to watch someone run their mouth in error, then staunchly deny an error occurred.

Quote:
Now this is really irony, Shoelaces.
In the absence of an intelligible explanation, we'll just add irony to the list of words you apparently have trouble with.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #19
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
"Why can't you be polite?"

"I don't want to be, and mocking is effective."

"YOU SUCK YOU CUNNY!"

Dear god, she's RIGHT! Why, without you I never would have been able to understand the fact that we're hijacking an introduction thread with bickering!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #20
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Impolite bickering, no less.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #21
Saya

You're being impolite while trying to lecture on how they should be polite. Make sense now or do you need a puppet show?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #22
Disaffected Shoelaces

I love the fact that it took you an extra two minutes to put together an extra four words. You're fun.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:17 PM   #23
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenite Rose
Im new. Obviously.
Well... I'm not quite sure what to say, so I'll answer some of those questions at the beginning thread of this forum.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Im still in school, and as for hobbies... I read alot, i'm into music alot, and I like to design dresses sometimes when I'm feeling creative.

2. Where are you from? Ohio. The state of unpredictable weather.

3. Who is your favorite author? I don't have a favorite... I enjoy Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series... that's my most recent obsession.

4. What are your favorite films? I like many... Sweeney Todd, and basically anything with Johnny Depp haha. Tim Burton films. I just saw The Mist because I like Stephen King and it was just wow.... crazy.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? In my love's arms. Or some sort of self-sacrifice.

8. What kind of casket would you want? Hawthorne because it's my celtic tree. With roses carved in it.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Well I don't actually have it made, but some of the dresses i drew i REEALLY like.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? My imagination was more intact.

11. What's your favorite band? TOO many to choose.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I'm still in high school but I'm going to major in Psychology, minor i creative writing and philosophy.

13. Why did you join? I like the lit and forums.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female.
No seriously, Twilight is an awful series. I'm currently trying to get it passed into law that hunting Stephanie Meyers as sport be considered the national pass time. If you like those style of books, you might want to try Bram Stoker's Dracula or some such. If you just like dark and creepy (which is what that Hottopic novelist was going for) then I recommend The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Freaking amazing.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #24
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Damn. Joker, the most polite of us all. Is the apocalypse upon us?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #25
JCC

Dracula sucked.