Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
ghostboy

Fresh meat

Hello, there. My name's Nik (short for Nikolai) and since it's early in the morning, for me at least, I will simply copy and paste the questionaire supplied for me instead of trying to come up with something original.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
My favorite thing in the world to do is take pictures. I'm a photography major, afterall. I also enjoy hanging out downtown with friends and making a mockery of ourselves. Soon, I will be picking up bass guitar as a hobby, which excites me to no end.

2. Where are you from?
I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It's not terrible here, but not amazing either.

3. Who is your favorite author?
A cliched answer, perhaps, but I really quite enjoy Poppy Z. Brite. Ray Bradbury has also recently worked his way into my heart.

4. What are your favorite films?
Ghost World, Gypsy 83, Velvet Goldmine, most Tim Burton films, a number of schlocky B-grade movies (especially Ed Wood ones), things involving Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff and Vincent Price are usually entertaining.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I actually don't want to get married, but if I did, I'd play something ridiculous like The Dead Milkmen.

6. At your funeral?
Something lovely and dirgey. Like that Bauhaus cover of "Severance"

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Peacefully. Or having sex. Either way.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I always thought it would be a good idea to get one of those casket couches, that way when I kick it you can just stuff me in there. Kind of like that episode of The Young Ones...

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Oh goodness. I don't even know if I can pick one. Mostly anything involving my black drainpipes, buckle boots and leather jacket is fine. Insert band shirt of choice and I'm good to go.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Watching Nickelodeon before it got really bad.

11. What's your favorite band?
This is a hard one, too. I suppose my favorites at the moment are Cinema Strange and Magpie Killjoy.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm in my second year of college at the moment, and as I mentioned before, I'm a photography major (yay, artfags!)

13. Why did you join?
Because I needed another forum to help me pass these cold winter months.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male. Although I'm pretty androgynous most of the time. I'll save my theories on gender for a later date.
ghostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
$haDe

Hi! Nik

Welcome to the board!!

This is a very cliche welcome,as well. So, no need to worried.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
Duane

Welcome to Gnet! Where the creative and original thrive, and the weak and trollish are fed to the dragon upstairs. I, the Baron of Rock, welcome youi to have a great time here!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:08 AM   #4
Dr Nancy

Welcome!
I like your movie/literature taste :]
Dr Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
biohazard

Welcome aboard.