Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Opteron_Man

Lame blue sweater, what can I do?

I got this sweater some time ago as a gift.
But it looks like somthing that a dork would enjoy.
What can I do to goth it up? I don't want to throw it out, being that it was a gift.

It just looks life a dark blue cotten sweater with a tiny little "s" logo on the right side.

Any ideas?
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
Saya

Wear it when you're at home, lazing about?

I'm wearing a baby blue sweater that is three sizes too big for me right now ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
Geoluhread

Just write something on it with a marker.

I'm not sure what exactly.

I saw a shirt once that said "i know you want me" on the front, and "dead" on the back.

I give bad ideas
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
MollyMac

Rip some holes and pull the yarn for a web-effect, dye it in a deep indigo, "patch" some of the holes with fishnet or some cool contrasting fabric.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
Sanguine Mind

post up a picture of it
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
I got this sweater some time ago as a gift.
But it looks like somthing that a dork would enjoy.
There might be a connection between these 2 statements in the mind of the gift giver.

Actually, I'd just leave it the way it is and just find more goth stuff to wear with it or over it. One of the things I like to do is wear plain colored sleeved shirts or T-shirts under a black shirt or jacket. It gives a little color where it shows at the collar, cuffs and a little stripe of color down your torso when you move (if you leave the shirt/jacket open).

Besides, if you modify it the person who gave it to you might feel offended. They may not understand the goth/punk idea that to rip something or write on it makes it cooler.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 AM   #7
jack_the_knife

Get a can of spraypaint and an good stencil website. Then use your imagination.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:33 AM   #8
Sanguine Mind

I guess you could keep it to use as materials for DIY projects.
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #9
Gothic Piano

I would were goth stuff with it. Trust me I'm in the same situation as you with like three swetters as gifts. At least you're not having to deal with colours you absolutely hate. ::shutters at actrualy wearing yellow and pink::
Gothic Piano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #10
Bat Attack

The title of this thread alone made me laugh. Yer post a picture of it, that would help.
Bat Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #11
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Attack
The title of this thread alone made me laugh. Yer post a picture of it, that would help.
It is kinda funny, I will post a pic later.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #12
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
There might be a connection between these 2 statements in the mind of the gift giver.

Actually, I'd just leave it the way it is and just find more goth stuff to wear with it or over it. One of the things I like to do is wear plain colored sleeved shirts or T-shirts under a black shirt or jacket. It gives a little color where it shows at the collar, cuffs and a little stripe of color down your torso when you move (if you leave the shirt/jacket open).

Besides, if you modify it the person who gave it to you might feel offended. They may not understand the goth/punk idea that to rip something or write on it makes it cooler.
My grandma gave it to me. I want to enjoy it, that's why I want to change it. Because as it is, I don't like it. But it has potential.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #13
Kij.

Cut the shoulders so that there is a gap, but the sleeves are still attached. Thrown in some chains, or dye it if you want. If you know how to sew and shit, then you can attach a zipper to the cut shoulder. You could sew a little something that stars with an S to make that s embroidery more interesting. You could also pull the cuffs in and sew in something of another material over it. Or just wear it was whatever, I don't know.
Kij. is offline   Reply With Quote