Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Black_Nyx

Hello all.

I have always found the beauty in the darkness and an interest in darker subjects of film, literature, and music. I'm here hoping to converse with some more like-minded individuals as myself and hopefully meet some Maryland goths.

I would probably class myself with a gothabilly/cyber-goth style. More gothabilly during the work week (I work in an office) and more cyber-goth on the weekend. I also have a lot of interest in the more victorian goth literature and art.
Black_Nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
exacerbatedpoet

Welcome to the forum Nyx.
exacerbatedpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
LivingInAToolbox

I've never enjoyed the name "Nyx". Doesn't seem fitting for a goddess of the night.
LivingInAToolbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
Gothing

welcome and beware...
Gothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:15 AM   #5
Minyaliel

Hey, welcome. What about answering that nice questionnaire up in the sticky thread? It doesn´t bite, you know, and usually shows the rest of us what a nice person you are.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
Black_Nyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInAToolbox
I've never enjoyed the name "Nyx". Doesn't seem fitting for a goddess of the night.
I always liked how it sounded, much better than the Roman "Nox" anyway.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #7
Black_Nyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
Hey, welcome. What about answering that nice questionnaire up in the sticky thread? It doesn´t bite, you know, and usually shows the rest of us what a nice person you are.
I thought that was more like a suggestion :P, but since you asked, here you go:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I work on budget and grants for a university. It's mostly accounting work and incredibly boring, so I've started going back to school to change careers. Hobbies beyond reading and movie watching (when I have time): I am a very artistic and creative person and I like to paint, draw, make jewelry, dread falls, sew clothes, and write fiction.

2. Where are you from? Baltimore, MD

3. Who is your favorite author? I'm terrible at these "favorite" questions as there are just so many I like it's just so hard to pick one. I'm a really big reader, to the point where I get books out of the library because it's just too expensive to buy (or where to keep for that matter) the amount of books that I read. I've been on a vampire kick lately and am currently reading Stroker's Dracula.

4. What are your favorite films? Again, no favorite, though the best movie I've seen lately was Repo! The Genetic Opera. Outstanding! Other than that, horror, thrillers, noir, really anything with a dark undertone to it. I also like a good action or comedy movie when the mood calls for it and historical period films.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Wagner, Grieg, Bach, gotta go classical here.

6. At your funeral? Mozart's Requiem Mass in D Minor. Dramatic I know, but hey you only die once.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Guillotine. It should be brought back, seriously.

8. What kind of casket would you want? It'll be cremation for me.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? ...black.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? All that free time.

11. What's your favorite band? Well, I've been listening to Wumpscut lately and the soundtrack to Coppola's Dracula (it goes with the book).

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I have a Bachelor's degree in Film and I'm going back to school to get a second degree in Art History.

13. Why did you join? To make new friends.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female