Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 03-24-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Disfunction

Very Conservative Views on Canada

http://clips.mediamatters.org/video/cc-200412010011.wmv

This shall be my last post in this forum. I, like some others, get too caught up in many of the debates that arise, but I found this particular clip of statements more than a little... Disappointing, despite it only being the opinions of two people there... It happens to be a shared sentiment among some. Enjoy.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
AlKilyu

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Funny cause it's true! Tucker Carlson and Ann Colter are known for their 'tongue-and-cheek' style. Research would have shown you that.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
gingerbreadwench

That is funny. I think Ann Coulter would be fun at a party!
Old 03-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #4
AlKilyu

I
heart
gingerbreadwench

like whoa.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:14 PM   #5
ice

Tucker: "Well, I don't think every Canadian is dog-sledding at all times... but there is a lot of dog-sledding going on there."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:37 PM   #6
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice
Tucker: "Well, I don't think every Canadian is dog-sledding at all times... but there is a lot of dog-sledding going on there."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
NOT FUNNY ice! :x

That is an unfair stereotype!

There are things we can learn from our northern neighbors. For example, they have somehow solved their traffic problems.

I mean, here is a typical Canadian rush hour...

See? very little congestion. :lol:
Old 03-24-2005, 09:30 PM   #7
TeapotScar

Oh man! I've been dog-sledding! And I'm not even Canadian, but I *did* do it in Canada! The dogs were so cute. I didn't want to make them do the thing, but there were soooooooooooooooooooo hyper. I don't know what they feed those dogs, but damn.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:37 PM   #8
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
Oh man! I've been dog-sledding! And I'm not even Canadian, but I *did* do it in Canada! The dogs were so cute. I didn't want to make them do the thing, but there were soooooooooooooooooooo hyper. I don't know what they feed those dogs, but damn.
hahaha

Do you blame them? They were all excited cause YOU were on their sled.

If I was one of those dogs, I'd stop and sniff your butt. ^_^
Old 03-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #9
WolfMoon

Wow, that's like,wow!!

I can't believe people actually said those things on tape!It's sheer arrogance to say we "allow" Canada to exist on the same continent.I wonder if Coulter has neo-nazi leanings?

I've gotten pissed off and said things before, but that woman would be great to have around if you wanted to start another cold war!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 03:20 PM   #10
MrMaelstrom

Disgusting. An insult to inteligence and rational thought. And how very christian of her. Her parents must be very proud.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:00 PM   #11
AlKilyu

My buddy Tom and I are into WWE. We would sometimes talk about the previous nights shows in the break room, or in the office. Someone would overhear the conversation and chime in (seriously) with "Wrestling is fake you know."

So, Thomas and I would feed the fire by saying things like "Oh no, WWE is REAL. That Ultimate Fighting stuff, THAT'S fake." deadpan, and by golly if they wouldn't debate us.

What they failed to realize, was that in trying to straighten us out, they were making complete asses of themselves. They didn't get the joke, and therefore became the joke.

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that c that Tucker had all hot and bothered (she wanted him Canadians are sluts) the same Canadian politician who made a videotape of her stomping on a doll with George W Bush's caricature? If so, how exactly does an elected official (as oppose to comentators) get off talking to ANYONE about relations?
Old 03-25-2005, 05:29 PM   #12
WolfMoon

So that's what that comment was about?

HA!

Al, wrestling being fake doesn't make it any less enjoyable to watch!Especially the bra & panties matches!

:twisted:

I just hate it when they change moves!I remember that the Walls of Jericho used to actually look painful, now it just looks like the Crab.

:roll:
Old 03-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #13
Binkie

Everyone has to understand though that these people like Ann and Tucker say things to ruffle feathers, like Al was pointing out.

When Carolin shook her head and got all hot and bothered, Tucker just leaned back and smirked cause it was amusing to him that she was getting upset over this. Reminds me of the 2000 debates where Bush would say something way out there to piss off Gore, and when Gore responded all hot and bothered, Bush smirked, looked to someone off camera, and winked at them.

It's mostly all tongue in cheek, like Blitzer said (by the way, that's the first time I've really heard that man laugh). I don't get all hot and bothered when I catch clips of the Daily Show every now and then. It's the same stuff John Stuart does when he pops on CBS or MSNBC.

CaptSternn makes attempts to do this too, but fails because not only does it blow up in his face everytime (mainly because he has no grasp of the concept of 'tongue in cheek,' so instead he tries to use genuinely offensive material that no one on either side finds amusing by any standard), but he always walks away from the situation looking like a damn moron. :lol:
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:31 AM   #14
MrMaelstrom

There are plenty of extremist idiots for whom the "tongue-in-cheek" comment is how they really fell and feel justified in their twisted beliefs after hearing the "truth" from the mouths of the prophets of the new millennia.

And the truth is that you always reveal a bit of what you really think in the comments you jokingly say. Not "you" personally, but "you" meaning the world.

You think Bush gives a shit about Kyoto?
About Alaska?
About acknowledging that his use of his own language is an insult to the people he represents before the eyes of the world?
About the rest of us in the world that can't vote him in or out, inspite of the fact that our everyday lives are directly affected by his policies?
No, he doesn't.
Even US domestic fucking policies influence the rest of the world.
Just look at what you did to cannabis postWWII....sigh...
...At least the Netheregions... er..Netherlands had the guts to take a stand.

Morrocco, Afghanistan, Thailand, Kashmir, British Columbia, US south of the Mason-Dixie line all the way to Brazil would be fucking rich places if able to crop what they grow best (and pay the fucking taxes for it). Oh, what the world is missing out on.

God made pot. Are you gonna go up to God and say she made a mistake?
I Won't.
What was I on about? :shock:
Old 03-26-2005, 12:55 PM   #15
AlKilyu

Yeah Mael...WTF?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:17 AM   #16
MrMaelstrom

Picture this dude:

You're in your home town for easter, your eXX calls to have dinner with you and her 5 year-old-daughter (which she carried in her belly a month after the two of you broke up.)

You grin and bare it.

Later you run into your eX and her new boyfriend (who dated your eXX before you did).

Oh, and both women hate eachother and igonre eachother's presence.

All that was missing for me to land in a padded cell would be my ex-lover and her ex-boyfriend....

So you roll a joint to settle down ('cause God knows you need a big fat joint right about then), and instead of hashish or cannabis polen, you mix BOTH into one joint.

Therefore, I was dazed, confused, my heart froze and my guts turned. Sorry if I took it out on you guys. I mean it. Sorry.

Keep breathing...keep breathing....it will soon pass with the birthdays....hopefully....
Old 03-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #17
WolfMoon

I don't understand the first paragraph, Mael?She got preggers quickly after you broke up or she was already pregnant when you broke up?

:?

But I'm sorry you have to see the ex's.Happily I've only had one run-in with mine and it was relatively painless.Although I did have more vivd flash-backs for a week afterward.Meh.Exes suck, that's why they're exes!

8)
Old 03-28-2005, 04:48 PM   #18
MrMaelstrom

She got preggers real quick, which is better than her having mine, no matter how much it fucks with your mind at the time.

No skin off my back!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:37 AM   #19
WolfMoon

Ah!

Sorry,love.It must've been hard to hear at first though.

Hope you're not havin' too harda time of it.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:10 AM   #20
CptSternn

Just goes to show racism is alive an well in the states. What else would you expect from those type of 'columnists'.

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:37 AM   #21
MrMaelstrom

Sternn, man. I agree with a lot you post, but you really do have to lighten up a bit if you really want to get your message across.

And a bit more objectivity would also be appreciated.
For example: Racism is alive and well everywhere.

Racists in Portugal give a hard time to emigrants from Africa and Eastern Europe.
But racists are also beating the shit out of portuguese emigrants working in Ireland. How about you talk about that for a second or two?
Or how the orangists insult and harass innocent catholic children on their way to school in N.Ireland.

Although racism in the US must surely be more in quantity, racism in Europe runs rampant in "quality", for the kind of violence we see these days has a level of organization by extreme right-wing groups that the US only has in paramilitary orgs.

We can't really expect other countries to clean up their act when we shit on our own doorstep, right?

Right?

Please reply.

Até breve (my slán)
Old 03-30-2005, 06:52 AM   #22
CptSternn

Actually I haven't heard of any attacks on portuguese here. I party with the local crowd here. They all work for ESB doing line work and hit the pubs nightly, so I see em often.

So far I have learned 'Hola' and 'Vita Fueary' (at least thats how it sounds).

The rest of the time we are sucking down drinks. In fact, I'm heading to portugal this summer with the the lads for a bike rally - they say its grand, and about an hour south of Lisbon. And they say the euro goes a helluva long way there.

However if you want to go into how Cathlocis are beat on a weekly basis, check this weeks articles here:

http://www.anphoblacht.com/other/2005-03-23

Tis standard here. The groups people here have been taking articles and quotes from continue to beat women and children to show that the english are still in power. Same story here, all the time.

We however don't export our views, which is was I was pointing out. You never hear of Irish people discriminating or passing laws against one group or putting down anyone, other than the english.

Of course some might say thats because we don't have any other minorities here. Like my mate Donner says 'What do you call a black man in Ireland?'.

A tourist.

Slán
Old 03-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #23
MrMaelstrom

Let's take this in parts:

We say: olá (hello) pretty much the same way the spanish say hola.

What you heard was probably VAI-TE FODER (a basic go fuck yourself). Don't have a cow, because if people are close enough, it can be used amazingly as a friendly thing to say. If you don't know the people who said it to you, go kick the shit out of them 'cause they're asking for it.

The biggest concentrations of motorcycles in the Iberian Peninsula are in Jerez de la Frontera (on the border [spanish side]) and Faro (South of Portugal).

I got a summer house on the outskirts of Faro, so if you don't want to camp it out or do the hotel/motel thing, you'll have a place to stay.

If you're riding down here, be carefull. We are the worst and most dangerous drivers in the world after the vietnamese. We call it our own civil war. Everytime these bike gatherings happen, a few people die, so be carefull.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:35 AM   #24
CptSternn

I know what it means. We use the term quite often. Tis funny to walk up to the gardai and say it to them while shaking their hand. I then come up and explain it means hello in Portuguese.

Me mate Leo has a flat there too. Thats the place - as he says, 'we have many beautiful bitches there' (or is that beaches)

Either way, I'll be there sometime in July.

Slán
Old 03-31-2005, 08:15 AM   #25
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
gardai
Gardai?
I don't speak gaelic, man. My languages origins are galaic-portuguese. The Galaic bit is from Galiza (Galicia), and they had already split from Gaelic a while back before the portuguese language came to be, so there's no chance I'm gonna understand Paddies, Micks, Mac's and O'Sheas.

Até logo (later)