Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
ArchLich

A better intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
Ok, I'm going to be sincere here, bare with me.

When I came to this forum, I genuinely only wanted to find people that are similiar to me to socialize with. Admitedly my intro sounded pompous and conceited, but I sincerely did NOT mean to sound like that. I have always had problems with describing my intelligence without sounding like an ass(as I've already said). I really do apologize to everyone whom it has offended. I didnt feel a need to apologize before because I figured everyone might figure out that I didnt mean it that way when I said stated it in the same line, but appearently it still rubbed you all the wrong way, so I'll apologize anyway.

I exaggerate when I say that you are all idiots, because I actually think most of you are very intelligent. The only idiotic part I see is your opinion of me. Sometimes I get carried away when I find somethnig to be hilarious, and say things I probably shouldnt. I apologize for that aswell.

To Lady Christine: You have more respect from me than anyone here, if for no other reason than being able to see truth where others were blind.

To HavelockV: You strike me as a very cultured, and sophisticated gentleman, therefore I also respect you. However, you are a bit old fashioned, therefore our opinions and beliefs are inevitably going to clash.

To Gsj: I still think you're an asshole, but you are an intelligent person, and I have atleast seen you show some type of courtesy as I've been reading. So, even though I'm nearly certain it wont make a difference, I offer a truce. We got off on the wrong foot.

I still dont really care whether anyone here likes me, because I know this place cannot affect my social life. However, out of curiosity, and also respect for Lady Christine, I chose to humor you and be sincere about my feelings of the events which have transpired.
I just felt it needed to be posted as a new intro. From now on I'm going to stop playing stupid and just be myself. That way everyone will know me for me, and not for what they misunderstood on my rather retarded intro. I will add more to this tomorrow, I'm on sleep aids again, so I am litterally having trouble just typing this.
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Solumina

I'm glad to see that you have kind of relaxed a bit and seem to have accepted the fact that you may need to pay a bit more attention to the tone of your posts. I hope you end up becoming an accepted member of the boards (honestly, we really don't need another target for abuse, the more of those we have the more cluttered and annoying these boards get).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:26 AM   #3
Raptor

Welcome. Hopefully you'll get on better this time.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
JCC

Do you really think that this is a less pompous introduction when you say "the idiotic thing is your opinion of me" because we don't like you?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
HavelockV

It is good to see that you have decided to heed the well-intentioned advice of other board members. Most everyone is deserving of a second chance, especially when they realize and admit their previous failings, and I wish you better luck this time around.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #6
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Do you really think that this is a less pompous introduction when you say "the idiotic thing is your opinion of me" because we don't like you?
Your opinion of me is based on a misinterpretation, so yes I do, however this is an attempt at a fresh start so that I do not get misinterpreted again. Give me the chance to prove that I'm not the person you all judged me to be in my first intro.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
ArchLich

Ok, I guess I'll add to it now.

I'd like to tell a story about my childhood education, because it'll give you all a better understanding of me, so read carefully please.

I was hyperactive in kindergarten, so half way through, the teacher told my mother she thought it would be better to put me in a classroom with less children, so that the teacher could keep a better eye on me. It just so happens that the "classroom" I was transfered to was an S.E.D.(Severely Emotionally Disturbed) class. The children in these classes had EXTREME behavioral problems. Everything from anger, to depression, to retardation. I had no "emotional" problems clinicly, however, as I grew up around these kids, I started to take on some of their traits. I became angry, violent, and closed minded. As time progressed, it got worse and worse. Eventually my mother took me to a psychiatrist, whom misdiagnosted me with bi-polar syndrom. Obviously, this misdiagnosis only made matters worse for my childhood. In these classes, children were taught as if they were borderline retarded, in 8th grade my spelling words were "I", "a", "see", "far", and other trivialties. However, by the time I hit 6th grade, I had already taught myself how to read on a college level by going to the library and studying. Nearly everything I should have learned in school(english, reading, writing, math, ect.) I was forced to teach myself, lest I wanted to graduate highschool with a first grade level in everything. It wasnt easy, but I am proud to have pulled it off. As you may assume, this way of life has made my knowledge a bit diverse. I interpret many things much differently than the way others whom learned the correct way in school may. Hopefully this will give you all an idea of the reason why some of the things I say seem odd to you.

I'll add more on other things of interest in time, for now, feel free to respond to this.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
However, by the time I hit 6th grade, I had already taught myself how to read on a college level by going to the library and studying. his.
People who read on a college level can spell 'blunt'. Just saying.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
People who read on a college level can spell 'blunt'. Just saying.
Actually, reading and spelling are two different things. I can see a word, know how to pronounce it and know what it means, however if I were writing something and tried to remember how to spell it without looking at the word, thats a different story. Alot of people have that problem.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Actually, reading and spelling are two different things. I can see a word, know how to pronounce it and know what it means, however if I were writing something and tried to remember how to spell it without looking at the word, thats a different story. Alot of people have that problem.
Yes, that's true, a lot of people who read at a college level might have difficulty spelling, say, 'eleemosynary', although they'd recognize it in a text.
We're talking about 'blunt' thought.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Yes, that's true, a lot of people who read at a college level might have difficulty spelling, say, 'eleemosynary', although they'd recognize it in a text.
We're talking about 'blunt' thought.
lol, yeah, I know, I'm a horrible speller, but again, I did teach myself how to spell, did you expect that I be perfect? The way I sound things out in my head is much different than how you would, so is it really that hard to believe?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #12
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, when you say you had a college level reading comprehension by age eleven. That's all he's saying.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Yeah, when you say you had a college level reading comprehension by age eleven. That's all he's saying.
Yeah, I know, its not something you see everyday. Most people who had my schooling are completely illiterate. All of my old friends from school have no diploma, cant read the TV guide, much less a job application, and are either in prison, just got out of prison, or on heavy drugs. I guess I got lucky by pushing myself to be better than that.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

That didn't have anything to do with what I or GM said.
You obviously didn't accrue a college-level reading comprehension at age eleven. That is all.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #15
ArchLich

Quote:
That didn't have anything to do with what I or GM said.
You obviously didn't accrue a college-level reading comprehension at age eleven. That is all.
Sorry, but my lack of ability to spell at a college level doesnt prove anything about my reading comprehension, so get off it. Can you ever be nice? I'm being nice to you for once, try doing the same. This is exactly the reason I said I still think you're an asshole. Perhaps you should start trying to prove me wrong on that.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #16
Godslayer Jillian

I'm being nice with you. I am merely stating something that is true, especially as you can't possibly have a college level reading comprehension when you haven't read a book in almost a decade.

You, on the other hand, just called me an asshole to the hell of it. Anyone else could see that it isn't me who's not being nice.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 05-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #17
ArchLich

Quote:
I'm being nice with you. I am merely stating something that is true, especially as you can't possibly have a college level reading comprehension when you haven't read a book in almost a decade.

You, on the other hand, just called me an asshole to the hell of it. Anyone else could see that it isn't me who's not being nice.
You are calling me a liar when I have no reason to lie, very "assholish" thing to do there buddy. As far as the lack of reading goes, I was 16 the last time I read a "physical" book, but there are two reasons why that doesnt affect my comprehension level. Reason #1: I had a college reading level BEFORE the age of 16. Reason #2: I never said I dont read, I said I havent read a BOOK since the age of 16. I read stuff on the net everyday, hence my presence here.

Look dude, just start being civil please? What reason do I have to make this up? Why the hell am I going to write a huge paragraph describing my morbidly fucked up childhood education just so I can say "but im a genius"? I'm trying to be as honest as I can, but if people like you keep pushing me down, how is this change going to work?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #18
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
What reason do I have to make this up? Why the hell am I going to write a huge paragraph describing my morbidly fucked up childhood education just so I can say "but im a genius"?
Because that's what you do.
You believe you're so fucking superior than everyone else. I'm not even making this shit up; by your own admission, you believe that you're superior than any other musician because you have no musical training. Same goes to poetry and pretty much anything you have mentioned.
Everyone else knows it; you're the only one that deludes yourself.

Just tell me this: under what bases do you claim you reached a college level reading comprehension by sixth grade?
Was it that you marveled at the depth of Dostoevsky's Notes From Underground?
Was it that you wrote an essay on Proust?
Did you finish all Burroughs works?
Is it based on anything at all?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 05-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #19
ArchLich

Quote:
Because that's what you do.
You believe you're so fucking superior than everyone else. I'm not even making this shit up; by your own admission, you believe that you're superior than any other musician because you have no musical training. Same goes to poetry and pretty much anything you have mentioned.
Everyone else knows it; you're the only one that deludes yourself.

Just tell me this: under what bases do you claim you reached a college level reading comprehension by sixth grade?
Was it that you marveled at the depth of Dostoevsky's Notes From Underground?
Was it that you wrote an essay on Proust?
Did you finish all Burroughs works?
Is it based on anything at all?
You misinterpret nearly everything I say, what does that say about your own comprehension? I have never, and will never claim to be better than anyone else as a musician, and ESPECIALLY not as a writer. What I meant by what I said was that I have the "POTENTIAL" to be better because of no limitations on talent based on those of others. Never once in this forum have I claimed to be better than anyone at anything, you and whoever else believes that I have does so because of your own lack of ability to comprehend anything I say, not anything I said or did. From now on, if you find yourself unable to grasp the meaning of shit that I say, do youself AND me a favor and just dont say anything.

Edit: Left out a part. I know I had a college level in the sixth grade because I tested on that level in the sixth grade.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #20
Godslayer Jillian

Before this, you apologized to me more than once for your bad choice of words.
Now, despite all those apologies, you accuse me of being the wrong one by not having good reading comprehension.

Which should I believe? And why should I believe it, when you completely change your argument for the sake of responding to the moment?

Meanwhile, no one can read this
Quote:
My mind is yet unrestrained by the bounds of other artists, therefore I am more original now than I could be if it were. Kinda like playing music by ear, my riffs are unbound by the parameters of the musical scale, therefore my music can be more than what other artist's could create. I am untainted by the perception of the masses, and I prefer it that way.
and not see just how fucking conceited you are.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 05-18-2009, 05:36 AM   #21
SiouxsiePernova

I have a feeling that you won't have much success endearing yourself to the members of this forum a second time around...

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #22
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
I have a feeling that you won't have much success endearing yourself to the members of this forum a second time around...
Well, atleast this time around I can say it wasnt my fault. I am being as honest and genuine as I can, if Gsj chooses to call me a liar, so be it, I expected as much from him anyway, but several others seem to have believed me.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #23
Bete Noire

Quote:
Well, atleast this time around I can say it wasnt my fault. I am being as honest and genuine as I can, if Gsj chooses to call me a liar, so be it, I expected as much from him anyway, but several others seem to have believed me.
Especially over the intelligence thing, you came off as a bit of a wanker.

To be honest, though you now say you realise that you were being an asshat before, you're still acting exactly the same as before.
You exude this air of assumed superiority, a bit like Gothicus, except there is absolutely no corroborative evidence of your brilliance.

If your education with the SED kids caused you to view the world differently, or approach things differently - that's not coming through.
If it gave you a sense of being talented/intellectual/knowledgeable in literature, then that DOES come through.

Your original intro said that you didn't really read much, but that you considered your knowledge of literature to be based on your own writings (or words to that effect.) You then didn't realised how conceited and arrogant that seemed, and got offended and over-defensive when people picked you up on it.

You said at the beginning of THIS intro that you were "going to stop playing stupid" but you still aren't getting it.

Even if you do just act yourself or whatever, there's no guarentee we'll like you for it.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #24
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire View Post
Especially over the intelligence thing, you came off as a bit of a wanker.

To be honest, though you now say you realise that you were being an asshat before, you're still acting exactly the same as before.
You exude this air of assumed superiority, a bit like Gothicus, except there is absolutely no corroborative evidence of your brilliance.

If your education with the SED kids caused you to view the world differently, or approach things differently - that's not coming through.
If it gave you a sense of being talented/intellectual/knowledgeable in literature, then that DOES come through.

Your original intro said that you didn't really read much, but that you considered your knowledge of literature to be based on your own writings (or words to that effect.) You then didn't realised how conceited and arrogant that seemed, and got offended and over-defensive when people picked you up on it.

You said at the beginning of THIS intro that you were "going to stop playing stupid" but you still aren't getting it.

Even if you do just act yourself or whatever, there's no guarentee we'll like you for it.
Well thats fine man, I cant expect people to like me, its a fact that some people will and some people wont. I also said that I still dont care if people do or not. All I'm doing here is genuinely being myself to see if it makes a difference, whether or not it does wont make or break my day.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #25
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire View Post
I have to add that for the most part, Gothicus' air of assumed superiority is a game for him. I would be shocked if he actually believed a lot of what he say's, it's the knowing that he's just fucking around with people makes him awesome rather than a wanker.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote