Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
distant2nd

Distant 2nd - On a different path

Heyas,

I forgot I registered for this site ages ago. One of the mass mails went out and reminded me that I never visited. Anyhow, here's me.

Distant 2nd is the name of my band, I'm the lead singer and guitarist - Randy is my name.

We'v been reaching out to different groups that tend to follow us on myspace and whatnot, so I checked this site out. I'll talk more about the band in a minute. First, a bit about me.

I'm a musician (as stated) and a videogame designer. I tend to go against the grain on everything, even with cultural trends. I don't dress up, so I don't look or try to be goth, but my darkness knows bounds that delve deep into goth mindset and possibly darker. Some have labeled me "Grey Goth", as I choose monochrome colors instead of traditional black clothing. Like I said, physically I wouldn't fit with the stereotypical goth scene, but of course, there's little that I do that would be considered stereotypical.

Didn't realize it was going to be so damn wordy. Anyway, on with the band stuff:

Back in the day, I built my own home studio. Impressed to death by NIN, I evolved quickly into industrial music. Time passes like a ghost train, and now the band is a trio. The sound has fluctuated from being more industrial to being more hard rock while we tried to find a drummer. We eventually decided to keep the drums digital and stay as a trio, so now the music is headed back to the industrial side.

I can explain this a lot more, but really, if you check out the music yourself, you'll gain your own opinion. Since we make music we enjoy, its a little hard to classify. If you do have a listen, let me know what genre it best fits (no, crap is not an option).

The best place to hear the songs is still at myspace, www.myspace.com/distant2nd even though the official page is at www.distant2nd.com

Anyway, I'll be popping in once in a while. Talk later.
distant2nd is offline   Reply With Quote