Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:38 AM   #1
cussedness

Dark Brothers of the Light

I have a new series of ebooks out from Renaissance ebooks. The first volume of Dark Brothers of the Light, Blood Rites, has been getting some really great reviews. It spent four weeks on Fictionwise's Dark Fantasy Best-seller list in the number one spot, but is now at #3.

Blood Rites, Blood Heresy, and Blood Dawn are currently available. Blood Ghosts and Blood Paladin will follow soon.

I'm all jazzed up about it. I also expect to be coming round more often to gothic.net since I got broadband and I don't have to wait for my dial-up to struggle with the loading like I used to.

After months and months away, the curmudgeonly one is back.
cussedness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #2
ghostposts

Congrats!! Excellent news. :)

Good work!
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:25 PM   #3
drgnlvr

Oooohhhh! :shock:

*makes a note*

Congrats cussedness. Hope your sales keep going up!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:49 PM   #4
winged_dreams

Why are most of them e-books? And how exactly does one read an e-book?

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:43 AM   #5
cussedness

They are distributed by download from an online seller. Once downloaded they can be read either on the computer or through one of the handheld devices like ipods. There are several formats available and the software for reading them are free. I usually read in adobe acrobat, which I'm told is not the best of the lot. There is also microsoft reader, mobipocket reader, and others. Renebooks who brought mine out, do so in multiformat so they can be adapted to whichever you wish to use.

I am hoping that if the sales prove to be substantial enough I will be able to interest a print publisher to bring them out also.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:53 PM   #6
cussedness

Update

The three books in Dark Brothers of the Light continued on the dark fantasy bestseller list at fictionwise until mid May when they finally dropped off. Subsequently, my collection In The DArkness, Hunting was released in ebook form and as of Tuesday hit the same best seller list, which has brought the trilogy back up.

Blood Ghosts has been renamed Blood Wraiths and will see publication in late July or Early August.

Additionally Rage machine has picked up the print rights to the trilogy.