Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
Sickly

Meet Sickly.

Hello everyone. I've been lurking somewhere around on the boards every once in a while. It seems pretty nice so I decided to get myself an account. Now, a little about me:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I do....nothing. I'm a pretty boring person. I go to school, I love to take walks, hate to run, I like hats and gloves, love my friends, I like to put on makeup....then take it off.

2. Where are you from? I'm from the loverly state of Virginia. I like it here whether I'll admit it or not.

3. Who is your favorite author? I don't have a favorite author but I love trashy, depressing novels.

4. What are your favorite films? I don't watch many movies but I LOVE scary movies and, yes, silent movies.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? .....I hadn't thought about it. I'll have to say it will most likely be some sort of rock music. Hard rock or metal maybe.

6. At your funeral? Something loud that fits perfectly with my life. I can't think of the perfect song though.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Drowning peacefully in a simple white dress. If that can't happen, I've always wanted to become really famous then commit suicide. I don't think that one will happen though.

8. What kind of casket would you want? A dark brown one...or none at all. Afterall, I plan to drown.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? I love jeans but my favorite shirt is this black Fender shirt with a dripping picture of a guitar. I have these really comfortable black pants that fit SOO well. I like to wear necklaces and rings and big earrings.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Being able to throw temper tantrums in public and having people do everything for me.

11. What's your favorite band? Oh gosh....too many to name! I like Nirvana, HIM, The 69 Eyes, Panic!, Hinder, Shinedown, Slipknot, A Thorn For Every Heart, AC/DC, and lots more that I forget about.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I'm in high school and when I go to college I'd like to become and anesthesiologist.

13. Why did you join? I like to talk and it seemed like the right thing to do I guess.
Sickly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
Reject_Bunnies

Hi there,Sickly.(I'm assuming that you're female) Welcome to the board.
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
Sickly

Yeah, sorry I didn't say that. I am female.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
Reject_Bunnies

It's not a question that's on there,but it's nice to know who you're talking to.
(I saw the thing about the earrings and dress,and just assumed)
Old 03-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

Hello little Baby Bat

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #6
tenet_2012

I don't think there is such a thing as a peaceful drowning, after all... you're fucking drowning!

Anyway, welcome. Thanks for actually taking the time to answer our simple questions.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #7
Godslayer Jillian

What is this obsession with new guys saying they want to commit suicide?
I have fucking suicide tendencies and I don't joke about them!
If you're like me, deal with life. If you're just saying it to be cool, then you're on my black list.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #8
Sobeh

<---new guy who doesn't want to kill himself

I also have some issues with it, but the agony is in knowing the effect it would have on those around me, even simple friends on up to lover(s) and family, and frankly I can't help but think of them in the dark hours.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:22 PM   #9
Sickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
What is this obsession with new guys saying they want to commit suicide?
I have fucking suicide tendencies and I don't joke about them!
If you're like me, deal with life. If you're just saying it to be cool, then you're on my black list.
I wasn't saying that as a joke and I'm sorry that you're offended. I have suicidal tendencies sometimes because I have Bipolar Disorder but when I'm not in a manic stage I'm doing just fine. I think I've been listening to too much Nirvana. I'm sorry.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:26 PM   #10
Reject_Bunnies

I wasn't offended at all(and I have bipolar myself).
No need to be sorry for listening to Nirvana.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #11
Godslayer Jillian

I think she means the thing she said about wanting to either drown or commit suicide.
I'm sorry I sound too harsh, Sickly. You see, I've seen a lot of people in this site who say they want to die by suicide on that question, and I can't find it amusing, coming from a family in which we have several people wanting to commit suicide. Luckily, no one has, for now.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: