Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
Ben Lahnger

Robbers call ahead, ask bank to have cash ready!

Robbers call ahead, ask bank to have cash ready!

Bank Robbers Call Ahead for Cash, Get Cops Instead

Two accused bank robbers might have just been trying to save time when they called ahead and demanded that the bank have the cash ready when they got there. But placing an order for cash didn’t get them far.

Albert Bailey, 27, and a 16-year-old, both from Bridgeport, called People's United Bank on Stratfield Road about 10 minutes before they came to rob it on Tuesday afternoon, the Connecticut Post reports.

"You can't make this stuff up," Sgt. James Perez, Fairfield police spokesman, told the Post. "They literally called the bank and said to have the bag of money ready on the floor because they're coming to rob the place.”

Then, true to their word, they showed up – just as police were coming to greet them.

“I would classify these individuals as, 'Not-too-bright.' They should have spent time in school instead of trying to rob a bank," Perez said.

When the suspects called, they threatened to create “a blood bath,” Fairfield police Lt. Thomas Mrozek told the Post.

Fortunately, there was no bloodbath. The suspects did not use a weapon.

Bailey waited in a parked car while the 16-year-old, who was not identified because of his age, picked up the bag of cash and walked out, the Post reports.

It was not difficult for Fairfield Officer Michael Guilfoyle to find the youth because the bank described him. As Guilfoyle tried to take the teen into custody, the situation got even worse by the dye pack exploding. Then, more police showed up so cops were able to nab both suspects before they left the parking lot.

Both robbery suspects were charged with first-degree robbery and first-degree threatening. The 16-year-old was sent to an area juvenile jail, police said.

Bailey was on probation for robbing a People's Bank branch in Bridgeport in 2003, the Post reports, and was held without bond to be turned over to the Department of Correction.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Saya

Thanks for the laugh, the news section has become more and more depressing.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
Tam Li Hua

Hah hah! That's incredibly awesome. XD

I'd -love- to know why the 27-year-old thought that was a good idea. lol