Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-27-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
pvt num 11

What do you drive?

Curious as to what people drive to work/school/cruise/whatever.

1989 Turbo Trans Am, 3.8 V6 LC2 - mine's beat up and has some issues, but when it runs, it's scary fast. Boost rocks. I'd paint it black, but with it beign rare and all that (only 1,550 made for one year) it would feel like sacriledge.
2006 Vibe 1.8 I4 1ZZ-FE - my wife's car, but I use it a lot for errands and stuff. Very practical car, roomy and good on gas.
pvt num 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:25 PM   #2
Necromancer

I drive a '97 or '96 white Ford Explorer. It's allright, I'm not complaining since it's my first car. It sucks on gas though.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
Argine

Nothing. I've been 16 for a while but I don't trust myself to drive.
Argine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:36 AM   #4
Child_of_Fury

Currently, I drive a red-white '90 Honda NSR 125 motorcycle, but hopefully, after my next birthday (which is within a week), I'll get to try my hands on my blue '94 Nissan Sunny.
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
XxDeranged InsanityxX

I don't drive anything as of now.I am 17 and have only driven once and in that one time i managed to hit a 'No Parking' sign.So i don't think i should drive for a while in the interest of safety for people who live in New York!
XxDeranged InsanityxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
Delkaetre

I don't drive. I'm 18, but don't really want to learn. I want to live in walking distance, on a public transport route. So much cheaper.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
Radiant Eclipse

i drive a 1993 honda civic LX. It's light green, and it also has stickers on the back.
Radiant Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #8
Mr_Knuckles

Silver '00 hyundai tiburon 31 mpg

I'd love to paint it myself, but I don't own an air brush. Soon enough.
Mr_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #9
the_ink_bleeds_faster

Right now, nothing. I don't have my license. But if I did drive, I don't really know what I'd drive.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #10
cradle

As for me...I drive a mountain lion...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:21 AM   #11
HerGhostInTheFog

um a mini van haha
nah i dont have a car
so i take my moms mini van
seriously its pretty sad
but i love to rev my engine in it i get wierd looks
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
CreepyTendencies

A Saturn Vue. It gets decent gas mileage, and is comfortable. And it's much more roomy than my previous Saturn SC1 without being a huge monster SUV.
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:57 PM   #13
Maj.Bromley

Lol, freshman cadets aren't allowed to own vehicles until theyre junior year here. So, no vehicle here....yet..

Suicide is a fundamental human right. This does not mean that it is morally desirable. It only means that society does not have the moral right to interfere
-Thomas S. Szasz
Maj.Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #14
Slap Your Love

1989 Oldsmobile with red leather interior. Yes, I am bad ass.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #15
dalmauvais

2004 Harley-Davidson FXST. Fun, but it sucks in the winter.
dalmauvais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #16
cradle

I'm getting my sister's shitty honda civic...the front bumper is falling off, the locks don't work unless done manuallly...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #17
BlackWidow

I have a 2002 silver Dodge Neon with tinted windows, a performance muffler, and a great sound system. It had two seat covers inside that are black with barbed wire going up the side and 3 skulls off to the side of the wire. I have a big red Slipknot "S" symbol on the back window and the letters "Slipknot" in black on the front top of our windshield. I also have some Slipknot air fresheners hanging from the mirror along with my husbands college tasles hangin. It has flames coming up from the headlights that reach back to the fron tires, on both sides. And on the back tail lights I have two skulls with flames coming behind them. So when my break lights shine you can see the outlines of a skull on fire. heh. It's ok for now. But i'm getting pretty bored with it and i want a bigger car with more space. What i really want is a Monster truck!!! hell yeah.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #18
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
2004 Toyota Camry. V6 and leather interior...I like my comfort and I need my power.
Six CD stereo deck with:
CD#1: Lacuna Coil: Comalies
CD#2: VNV Nation: VNV Nation
CD#3: Breaking Benjamin:Phobia
CD#4: Dark Diva Anthology (All female singers)
CD#5: Eclectic soundscapes: birds twittering, ocean surf etc.
CD#6: Lacuna Coil: Unleashed Memories
Rear View mirror has six Celtic crucifixes of various sizes and designs, with blue and purple jewels, hanging on different length silver chains. My car has not had a vampire attack yet, so it must be working.
This post is way too long. Goodnight. Sleeptight. Don't let the bedbugs BITE.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:05 PM   #19
Spectral Despondence

1999 Nissan Silvia * Spec R Aero 'Twilight Blue' (Midnight/Sapphire blue blended with purple metallic)

Daishin GT 99' widebody kit.
Works 2 stage 880 series (turbo)
HKS Cold Air Intake (manifold and exhaust system included - 3 1/2 inch piping)
HKS perfromance racing Air Filter and Muffler system
Nismo Triple Plate Clutch & 6 speed racing trans
Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
Brembo performance brake systems (caliper rotor and pads)

Specs:
358 hp @ 5500 rpm
Quarter time - 12.588
90 degree turn Apex Threshold - 58.247 mph
Spectral Despondence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:15 PM   #20
Spectral Despondence

ah! i forgot to add something and it won't let me edit my post =P

Engine: 'Nismo Inline-4' Port and polished with increased displacement
Drivetrain: Front Engine - Rear Wheel Drive
MPG - Don't ask, lol about 25 - also my 'Starfire' takes nothing less than 93 Octane so it gets quite expensive to drive all the time
Old 09-16-2006, 08:30 AM   #21
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral Despondence
with increased displacement
Drivetrain: Front Engine - Rear Wheel Drive
Sounds like a vehicle well equipped for drifting. You probably go through four sets of tires a year eh?
Awesome. Does it have a Limited Slip Differential (LSD)? My son has one in his 1989 Nissan 240SX, he has banged it up a few times drifiting. He goes to big warehouse parking lots with his friends and practices.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:37 AM   #22
unedifying

I'm 17, with no liscense, no car, and no interest. I just want to walk or take the bus, because it's a lot cheaper.
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #23
Spectral Despondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Sounds like a vehicle well equipped for drifting. You probably go through four sets of tires a year eh?
Awesome. Does it have a Limited Slip Differential (LSD)? My son has one in his 1989 Nissan 240SX, he has banged it up a few times drifiting. He goes to big warehouse parking lots with his friends and practices.
=) You could have just said differential gear my man =P I know though that highly confuses non racers. Yeah its a got a very limited 1 way slip. I wanted more tight maneuvering but without too much extra drift push. I generally prefer circuit racing (although drifting is a blast) so i need a balanced car. Putting too much slip on a Silvia with its drivetrain makes it difficult to keep traction when handling heavily and sharply = especially when your getting all your horses to the ground. ~_^ But yeah we all know Silvias are exemplorary if not perfect drift cars. But nah man mines more set for circuit. And yes that saves tires quite a bit, lol. i go through about 1 set a year on average of street/sport and 2 sets of slicks - especially since Detroit has hot summers for car shows and car clubs. The don't call us the mototr city for nothing =P

ah! the 240SX - little sis to the silvia and a hell of a car in its own right. Also alot easier to obtain. Thats cool! Do you know what year it is and what hes working with? I got mine off my uncles friend who had it imported in late 98' although all the mods are my own doing except for the trans which was standard as aftermarket. The Daishin Widebdy kit makes it suck to the ground like an EVO at about 80mph and i have the damper and rebound of my sus/shocks set a little higher for superb handling and response.

To be perfectly honest its not hard to break her free with street tires even without the extra slip. She'll dance away my dollars if i let her, lol
Old 09-16-2006, 08:24 PM   #24
Godslayer Jillian

My parents are thinking of buying me a pick-up. Can you imagine a 101 lb goth in a pick-up?

I wanted a Volvo.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #25
BlackButterfly

I drive a silver 2000 Pontiac Sunfire. I don't know jack about cars except where to put the fluids, but it's fun to read all this stuff you guys are talking about (and subsequently having to look it up on howstuffworks.com)

I wish I lived close enough to my job to walk or ride a bike/bus to work, but it just ain't happenin'. I think I put about 100 miles on that damn thing every day just to get to work and back.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote