Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Murder in my area

Yesterday there was a murder in my area. Only 15 minutes away from here!!! A guy beat his wife with a baseball bat and took off with their 7 month old child!!! He dropped off the child at his parents house and supposedly grabbed a gun or something there. He has 2 other kids as well. Well he was on the loose and the town was on total lock down mode. The kids weren't allowed out of school. Then they found his car in my boyfriend's town. At my school we were told and at the elementary school in my town only grades 4-6 were told. We all had to go home on the buses or get picked up, all activites were cancelled. It was all over the news and stuff. Then they were looking for him in my town and today he was found dead in the woods in my town, he had commited suicide and they think it was an overdose. It was so freaky because these things normally don't happen here. But the creepier thing was towards the end of summer someone had died in a car crash and I told my friend last summer and at the beginning of this summer, someone we weren't all that close to but a lot of people loved was going to die. And he did. Then I told her that something else was going to happen, but it not right here in town. And it happened!!! It's so creepy.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pb.../NEWS/60915002

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

I love small towns. I have never lived in a place where murder was this alarming.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
Spectral Despondence

That is certainly rather freaky, Crying_Crimson_Tears. Most unfortunately, i live near Detroit where atrocities like ths one are a near daily occurence, along with other acts of comlete disreagard for human life. Its sad to think so many people can bring themselves to this type of behavior.
Spectral Despondence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:10 AM   #4
Crying_Crimson_Tears

It is really sad. But the last murder that was near my area was almost 11 years ago. But it happened before I even lived here. It's just so weird and freaky when these things happen. It's really sad too. No one should take another human's life. They families and such and people who care. Anyone who would take life with their own hands is insane.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 09-16-2006, 08:40 AM   #5
unedifying

lol

I was in a small town, and it was my parents that did something new. My father was drunk or stoned, or what have you (I don't know exactly) and stabbed my mother to death, before proceeding to blow his brains out with a shoutgun. Elmira, NY had never had anything liek that happen before; my parents certainly did leave an impact.

I'll try to find an online copy of that news.. I don't know how I'd find it, though, since it was in 2002. :\
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Are you serious Miss Morgan? Wow, so you were 13 when it happened...

Two of my uncles made news in Mexico years ago: they went to my grandfather's old estate, to look it over and discuss dividing it up for the family. They both got drunk on tequila, then my older uncle stabbed the younger one a few times. He didn't die right away, witnesses said that in the ambulance, they were still arguing on the way to the hospital...

Now the older one has been rotting in jail down there ever since.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:00 AM   #7
unedifying

Yeah, I'm serious. It was a week and a half to two weeks before my thriteenth birthday.

Ooh, shit. I can only imagine what Mexican jail is like. x.X
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

If you have the money, it's a Sheraton Suite.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #9
She_Is_My_Sin

Stuff like this is always very shocking. Suddenly you just don't feel safe anymore, in the places you always go. Last year there was a murder in my area & it was on the national news. It totally freaked me out because it was literally 5 minutes away from the local supermarket.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #10
Crying_Crimson_Tears

It is really scary. I didn't freak out as much as others because it was on the other side of town. But still. It was creepy.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 09-16-2006, 04:08 PM   #11
She_Is_My_Sin

There's a lane by my school, recently we were warned about a flasher hanging around there (no way near as terrifying as a murderer, but still rather worrying). My mum made me carry a spray with me, just incase (I know well for a fact there has been a flasher around my area before). Like I said, it's awful because places where you normally feel comfortable, can feel like the most dangerous places in the world. It's so unsettling.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #12
Godslayer Jillian

I find this a little amusing:

Over here, deaths are quite common. The example I want to give is this.
A pair of thugs went to the biggest and most popular (and preppiest) mall of the city, entered the gym in the mall, and asked the lady in the counter that where is "x" guy? That they were here to kill him. I think they did.
Not a month of difference before they found a dead body outside the movies of this mall.
These two incidents didn't make the mall any less popular and visited. Even preppy girls are that indifferent to murder over here.
Quite sad and funny at the same time.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 09-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #13
HumanePain

Los Angeles has 500 to 600 murders a year. An average of almost two people every freakin' day getting shot or stabbed, and yet people continue to flock here from other states and countries.

In Iraq, bodies are left in the street for days, and life goes on...

The worth of a life seems to be determined by location: inner city ghettos and far away third world or developing countries don't value life as much as suburbs and developed nations. Just my observation.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

We can think of these places in a positive way, though:
They build character.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 09-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #15
HumanePain

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger right?
Hmmm, natural selection is playing in there somewhere. O_o

Old 09-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #16
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I guess, but still to me this is freaky. For it to happen near me. I wouldn't like to live in a place where you know you could get shot or stabbed at any minute. But then again people have grown up in places like that and really are used to it. But still. To me murder is useless and senseless and it's stupid when it happens, no matter how often it happens.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 10-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #17
the_ink_bleeds_faster

Wow...I'd be scared hella bad. But where I live, there is only simple crimes, nothing like that though. The only thing major that happened was last year, and thats because some guy ran through my schools football field with a airsoft gun while i was out there. People were thinking it was a pistol but it wasn't. It was a bit gay, because we had to stay after school for about an hour while the polic found him.