Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #1
Delkaetre

Vampire:The Masquerade

Yes- it has a bad rep, many think it's silly or poserish because of the LARPers you sometimes see, and the occasional oddities it attracts.
But it's a good game when run by a decent DM, and well worth getting into- you want a game with violence? Vampire! You want a game with politics? Vampire! You want a game with intrigue and stealth? Vampire! You want to wander off and do as you wish, ignoring other players? Yes, even you can play vampire. Just not against a Malkavian, who'll take offense and do something nasty for ignoring him/her.
I'm Ventrue- the aristocratic, well-bred, thoroughly honourable and dignified clan. 6th Generation, highly placed in the Camarilla- our clan does lead it, after all- rich, mannerly, and incredibly manipulative and scheming. My boyfriend is a Gangrel, brute force and not much else (one hit kill, nice!).
Do you play? What clan are you?
And please say you play masquerade, not requiem... requiem took out half the good stuff, even if it does have an easier play system.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:38 AM   #2
Immortal_Death

I'm Gangrel. But more frenzy then I possibly could imagine. I love this game alot as well as enjoy playing it. You can have boyfriends/girlfriends in the game?
Old 09-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
Delkaetre

My real-life boyfriend's a gangrel in our gaming group, and in the long run over a serious campaign your character can build up relationships with others- we had our Malkavian become surrogate mother to a couple of abandoned 13th gen kids a while ago.

Heehee... I'm still amused by Saturday's game.
My BF's character was frenzied by our very angry Malkavian, resulting a 14 ag damage instant kill against the Malkavian's target. The Malkavian's foes don't stand a chance as long as Raenir stays in the group.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 09-21-2006, 12:51 AM   #4
Immortal_Death

Gaming group? Ah......I see. When I was at that mansion where that horror tape was shot (I forgot what it was called), I frenzied and kicked those monster's ass... See, frenzy has advantages...
Old 09-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #5
Delkaetre

You may have been involved with Malkavians... they created a mansion to use as a haven. Actually formed it from the stuff of madness, so many films have been shot and people gone mad in it.It's based on a real place in England that's been... adopted because if its dubious history.