Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:34 AM   #1
EbonLore

Mute testament to the result of ignorance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.htm...ssages&id=3353

Someone you need to know, Tempest Smith, a good person in a bad world. She was but one of many other human beings ostrasised by society for what she was: a pagan.

This is but one site, I encourage all of you to run a search about her and take in all you can about what stereotypes and simple minds do to people.

Hopefully, humankind will evolve past this, and become the caring, accepting creatures we were meant to be.
EbonLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
Rizash

Sadly, I feel the general public is not strong enough to allow differences yet. They're too afraid to look outside their shells and see the great world that awaits.

This is just a reminder though, I think everyone here has been through some form of bullying/hate crime and yet most of us never said a word. Hopefully those of us that have made it this far can remember people who died for no reason, or simply because they were different... and let it strengthen us. If we remember those we've lost, maybe we'll fight harder to show the world what we really are, and break some walls of ignorance on the way. Hopefully we can carry on where those who have fallen have left off.

Each day we lose many fine people in the world... I think this culture might be one of the most aware of the value of life, and the waste that happens when someone dies early. Live each day to the fullest, you never know what will happen tomorrow.
Rizash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
EbonLore

agreed Rizash
EbonLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
dark_dragon_of_ice

I agree as well. Me being pagan is a very important part of my life and though I havent had to endure much in the way of verbal attacks I can vaugly imagine how it would be like from the little I have experienced.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:25 PM   #5
Tumor

What was that topic I started? Oh, right... "Society angers me."

This is another reason why.

I wonder, though, if the kids killed at Columbine would've recieved the same attention had they committed suicide. Chances are, no. Suicide seems to be one of those sorta taboo subjects in America. Usually, you don't hear about suicide unless it's local or a celebrity. Or some cult thing, like those Hale-Bopp cultists. Beyond that, though, people don't seem to talk about it as much as other topics.

So is the reason this girl didn't get that much media attention because she was a pagan? Or simply because she committed suicide?
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #6
insertwittyname

I sorta like the Columbine incident. It sorta got people to realize-at least a little- that people are complete jackasses and when they decide to set their minds to it, they can make others snap and get revenge. Only bad part is very few people took it that way and instead thought of it just as some kids who hated people for no reason. I wish that all those haters would just not exist, or at least be ostrecized from society. Yes, make fun of my spelling.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:34 PM   #7
Tumor

The problem with Columbine is that it gave all those people who just could not stand to have blame placed on themselves a chance to transfer that blame to others. After Columbine, all of a sudden it was "Marilyn Manson is bad!" and "Doom is bad!" Never, "man, we are horrible parents." The problem is, someone going on national television and denouncing the parents was unheard of.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote