Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

View Poll Results: Are these people for real?
Yes 6 26.09%
No 10 43.48%
Maybe 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2003, 10:19 AM   #1
WeaselBoy

THE ACADEMY OF SORCERY

OK, I want someone to review this book. But I don't want to pay for it.

http://www.academyofsorcery.com/index.htm

Any takers? I would love to see if this is as entertaining as it sounds.

Anyone who can scam me a copy of this book would be welcomed as well.
WeaselBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:12 AM   #2
MrMaelstrom

Ah shit, the marketing people found another nidhe in the market to squeeze gullible idiots with too much time/money on their hands.

Anyway, if your into that kind of thing, take it easy and start with elemental magick. You don't want housewives practicing goetia and invoing demons or little retarded teenagers using Solomon's Key.

Start off with "A guide for the solitary practictioner" by Scott Cunningham.
It's wicca, although it sounds like a wanking manual.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:17 AM   #3
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Ah shit, the marketing people found another "nidhe" in the market to...
Shit. "Niche", I meant to wrote "niche".
Old 10-31-2003, 02:04 PM   #4
Hunter

God's that's hillarious... I figure if truely powerful magic like that existed we'd all be a bunch of slaves to the people using it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 02:49 AM   #5
Nemo_Infinity

I do not see why we all sholdn't by this book. Hey, they're offering a NO RISK 125% Money-Back Lifetime Guarantee!, aren't they?

And for those of you who thinks, "Hey, that guy is right, let's give them our money!", here's a link from me and some friends you should try...
http://terminalproducts.com/swindle/

/Z8
Nemo_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 02:51 PM   #6
byroniceye

Quote:
The truth is, through my own study of magic I found that most every single modern day books that claim to teach "magick" (or wicca and witchcraft) are all the bogus!
"are all the bogus!" ...holy shit...I just laughed so hard I broke my spleen.
byroniceye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 03:10 PM   #7
Takhisis

I'd be willing to review the site... hell, if the rest of the pages are as side-splitting as those few the entertainment value sounds worth the price. Wow.
Takhisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 03:22 PM   #8
Takhisis

Oh, and I especially love their guarantee... if you are dissatisfied they'll send you a voucher worth 125% of your membership price, redeemable only at their online store. Very cute.
Takhisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:03 PM   #9
SocialMaggot

Yep...

I'm glad I came across this. I was doing some internet research last night when I came across this very site. It sounded too good to be true and Mum always said that anything that sounds too good to be true is. Me mind screamed "SCAM!" They have this fancy name to try to sound "official" and "professional" but they are only charlatans. Keep this in mind : Anyone wanting money in exchange for magical instruction is a fraud. Any real student of magic could probably discover these 'secrets', if they exist, on their own. Magic is only the art of energy manipulation and the like. I recommend reading anything by Anton LaVey and the mighty Aleister Crowley.
SocialMaggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:21 PM   #10
Asurai

Agreed -- sort of. Think: if you could really do all of these things and wanted money, would you use your neat little powers to screw people out of their money without fear of being caught, or would you sell your secrets to people who would probably end up being more powerful than you?
Asurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 06:26 PM   #11
Darkholm

HMMM

HAHAHAHAHAHA Man thats good. I think I need a copy to feel in the big empty spot. Wonder how it would taste with peanut butter?
Darkholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 03:51 PM   #12
GothHyena

I went to high school (Eastwood High School ((El Paso, Tx.)) Class of '87) with a kid named Billy. It was a large high school and I never had a class with him, but every once in a while I would see him or, briefly, have conversation with him about the weather or whatever.

The thing was: He had no eyes.

Now, he DID have eyes, of course, and could see and all that but there was NOTHING IN THEM. I have never seen anything like it and can only best describe it as imaging a totally blind man without any whitening up of the eyes. There was no soul, no inflection, NOTHING. I always felt bad because he spoke in a manner that never offered a problem to ME, anyhow, and was obviously in possession of a high IQ in both speech and inflection but all I wanted to do was stare at his eyes whether he was talking to me or someone else (How rude, huh?). I was fascinated by them.

It wasn't drugs. I made nobility (never royalty) in the Heavy Metal/Drug culture and could tell the difference easily.

One day, I saw a "punk kid" version of my own ask sneeringly what the pentagram that he wore on his neck was all about. Billy leaned forward, looked him dead in the eye and said "I worship my Lord and Master, Satan." No one disputed it. I didn't doubt it at all.

Fundamentalist christians believe that "magic" is really just trading something off to bribe demons into doing something for you. I wonder about that some times. So, when I hear people say things like: "I was into Wicka for a time, I...learned the 'Secret of the Sword!'", I think of Billy and almost want to laugh at them. :roll: Sorry if this ruins things for a few...
[/b]
GothHyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:08 AM   #13
Klixin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
God's that's hillarious... I figure if truely powerful magic like that existed we'd all be a bunch of slaves to the people using it.
I cant help myself:
Magick used negativly is imploding, it could never become strong enough to do such a thing.
Magick used for postitive on the other hand... wonderful

I hate the word magick, and i hate the dumbshits trying to cash in on the word and its artificial meaning.

I agree, that site is a joke.. but try not to put shit on the idea of magick too much for you will begin to tread on a few flowers.
*nods*
Klixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:17 AM   #14
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom

Start off with "A guide for the solitary practictioner" by Scott Cunningham.
It's wicca, although it sounds like a wanking manual.
That's great advice. It's probably the easiest book out there for beginers to understand.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:04 PM   #15
| BlackOps | couch

phail.

soRCEERY!!!

http://www.thekidswindow.co.uk/image...ts/RAU0002.jpg
| BlackOps | couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:10 AM   #16
Metatron

Actually, having been a member there for quite a while, I can honestly say that most of the stuff they offer can be found on the internet for free. However, the ebooks that they offer are quite helpful and tend to combine a lot of scattered information into one useful source. All of what you see is just marketing, but behind the curtain they are quite authentic.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:13 AM   #17
WolfMoon

Seeing this thread brings back bittersweet memories.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #18
Sobeh

I got to see a lot of interesting threads this past weekend, what with the various bumps and such, but I was afraid to comment on any of it lest the 'Dead Thread, Dumb-Head' moniker afflict me! :P
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #19
|BlackOps| Jeffinator

be afraid. THEY'RE COMING!!! COMMANDO SNEAK ATTACK KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

ZERG BITCHES
|BlackOps| Jeffinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:46 AM   #20
Metatron

Shizzack. I replied to a troll. Sorry, I haven't been around for a few days. Do forgive moi.