Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
WarumonoLady

O lawd, it's Waru.

1. What do you do?
Well....a little bit of everything, really. I'm into video games (survival horror has to be my favorite genre) but I'm often too poor to buy them. I also enjoy RPGs, I currently play Rappelz (a FREE! MMO that doesn't suck as much as the others) and I text roleplay through instant messengers. I tried forum based RP once but it made me want to ram a rusted butterknife into my skull. If you want to RP with me, PM me and we'll swap messenger handles if you want.

As for school, I'm a senior in high school. My school, however, is located on a college campus. Instead of electives, we take college classes for free, paid for by the county. When I graduate I'll have all my stupid prerequisite courses that have nothing to do with my course of study finished, and I can spend my money on classes I actually need to get my Associate's Degree. I'm studying web design. Oh how I love it, yet how I hate it. Right now we're working on DreamWeaver, A.K.A. the lovechild of Satan and FrontPage. I like to describe FrontPage as your friend's dad who tries to be hip and cool and fails miserably. Dreamweaver however, is that friend's domineering mom who has everyone in the family whipped. You know what I'm talking about.

2. Where are you from?
North Carolina, US&A. Or Narf Carolina, if you prefer. We're not as redneck and backwoods hick as you might think. Our teeth are actually quite straight. And only old men chew tobacco.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Laura Joh Rowland and J.K. Rowling are my favorites. Rowland for her sexy feudal Japanese detective stories, Rowling for her wit. Seriously, she never fails to pull one outta nowhere and make me larf until I cry.

4. What are your favorite films?
The Exorcist: Beginning because it's unintentionally hilarious. Onmyouji I and II because I love Abe no Seimei and Mansai Nomura plays him perfectly. Kung Fu Hustle because it's Looney Tunes meets wire fu. Last but not least, Silent Hill because it's spirit is so very true to the games.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
-9- by UnsraW

6. At your funeral?
Tiptoe through the Tulips, by Tiny Tim.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I dunno, but I want to be at a turret gun shouting, "THERE'S TOO MANY OF THEM!!!"

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I wanna be buried in a large hole with the rest of my platoon.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Anything I can throw together. It usually consists of a minskirt, crazy tights/leggings, a shirt with Johnny Depp's countenance on it, funky shoes and a metric assload of jewelry, makeup and hairclips.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Saturday Morning Cartoons. Now that I've reached the olde age of seventeen I can't rouse myself until 1PM on the weekends.

11. What's your favorite band?
I like Dir en Grey. A lot. I enjoy a lot of Japanese bands because at the time, I was getting very aggrivated with American music being about shootin' hoes, missing your girl so bad....or bands screaming without really singing. Yelling or shouting I can stand, but deep throating the microphone and letting out a death warble warrants throwing the CD out the door like Xena. I migrated to Japanese music in middle school. Some bands have caught on to the trend of screaming rather than singing (dear sweet monkey I hope it's only a trend), but I find some redeeming quality in J-Rock roaring. For instance, UnsraW's screaming/growling is hypnotically rythmic. Kyo of Dir en Grrey doesn't just scream. He screams, growls, orgasms, has an asthma attack, cries, laughs, belches and snarls AT THE SAME TIME.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I have most of a High School diploma and half an Associate's Degree. I shit you not.

13. Why did you join?
Well I've been looking to broaden my horizons and get to kn--OH GOD I'M SO LONELY. UWAAAAAAAAH~.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female.

Ahem. Well. Hiii.
WarumonoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

I fucking love your cat!!
That cat is me on msn messenger.
Hi.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
Corpsey

I need to get that damn cat back..

J-rock & Visual Kei is brilliant!! Dir en Grey is what introduced me into such music as well, oddly enough through reading about them in a newspaper.

What is that RPG like? I play Lineage 2 (another free online game) which is kinda like WOW without all the bullshit thrown in. Infact the only thing it is similar to Wow is that there are elves, orcs and humans, and they all weild magic.

Nice to meet you, Waru.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
biohazard

Welcome to the boards. I also enjoy survival horror and RPG, but I have only played Resident Evil for survival horror. As for RPGs, my favorite will always be Pokemon games.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
WarumonoLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I fucking love your cat!!
That cat is me on msn messenger.
Hi.

He's actually a fox, but that's what I thought he was a first, too. xD;;
His name is Pyong and he was created by Tiggerfactory on **********. and you can make this icon into a custom emote on MSN messenger too. I used to have the Pyong Fapping emote, but I lost it with my old computer.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
WarumonoLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
I need to get that damn cat back..

J-rock & Visual Kei is brilliant!! Dir en Grey is what introduced me into such music as well, oddly enough through reading about them in a newspaper.

What is that RPG like? I play Lineage 2 (another free online game) which is kinda like WOW without all the bullshit thrown in. Infact the only thing it is similar to Wow is that there are elves, orcs and humans, and they all weild magic.

Nice to meet you, Waru.
Nice to meet someone who also appreciates Kyo's vocal talents.

Rappelz is very nice graphicwise I think. I have met a lot of helpful, extremely nice players and very few asses. Unlike some MMOs, Rappelz doesn't drown you in some convoluted storyline about warring goddesses with long, unpronouncable names or some such nonsense. It's a bit Engrishy, but the story you get from NPCs is simple, such as a monster killing a man's father and that man needing you to seek his revenge. The only problems I have with it are the Player-killing system, and that the job classes aren't equal. Dark Magicians for instance have such a low physical defense it's difficult to get anywhere without being pwned by one monster. If you want to start playing right away I'm Hiraki on the Tanda server.

I'll talk more about it later, I've been listening to the same Malice Mizer song on repepat for about an hour and it has seriously depleted my sanity. Disregard anything said from here on out.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:46 PM   #7
Green.Lady

Whoa, it's amazing how many Japanese-obsessees there are on this site...

Anyhoo, you amuse me quite a bit (in a good way). I like you. Welcome.
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #8
viscus

Dir en grey is alright considering that they're visual kei, but I've got better Japanese music:

Phaidia
13th Moon
Auto-Mod

Oh yeah, and welcome to g-net.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #9
Dancing_in_rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarumonoLady

11. What's your favorite band?
I like Dir en Grey. A lot. I enjoy a lot of Japanese bands because at the time, I was getting very aggrivated with American music being about shootin' hoes, missing your girl so bad....or bands screaming without really singing. Yelling or shouting I can stand, but deep throating the microphone and letting out a death warble warrants throwing the CD out the door like Xena. I migrated to Japanese music in middle school. Some bands have caught on to the trend of screaming rather than singing (dear sweet monkey I hope it's only a trend), but I find some redeeming quality in J-Rock roaring. For instance, UnsraW's screaming/growling is hypnotically rythmic. Kyo of Dir en Grrey doesn't just scream. He screams, growls, orgasms, has an asthma attack, cries, laughs, belches and snarls AT THE SAME TIME.
Ichichichichichi! (My new and oh-so-cool way of saying hi - when read really fast it sound like you have a really itchy bum - or like you're a cicada)

Yet another awesome person who likes and awesome band! AWESOME!!! I love your description of Kyo's singing. *forwards the description to her visual-kei/Jrock buddy* Have you ever heard The GazettE, an cafe, SCREW, Kagrra,, alice nine., or Girugammesh?

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #10
WarumonoLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing_in_rain
Have you ever heard The GazettE, an cafe, SCREW, Kagrra,, alice nine., or Girugammesh?

I love of all of those and listen to them daily. ^-^ Well, I don't have much by Screw. Sometimes I wish my voice were as gay as Isshi's.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
WarumonoLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Dir en grey is alright considering that they're visual kei, but I've got better Japanese music:

Phaidia[
13th Moon
Auto-Mod

Oh yeah, and welcome to g-net.
I really wouldn't call them visual Kei anymore, they dress very tame. Although I think Shinya should wear dresses again.