Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
RisingDemon

Delighted, Charmed, and an English Gentleman.

*Short cough to break the silence* Hello, Greetings, Gutentaug, Bonjour, Konichiwa, and, Tally-Ho.
I don't know how many English 'Goths' are on this site, but, I, specifically, am what I call, well, for lack of a better word, dubious, as to the 'goth' scene. I hope that, in highlighting this matter it may shed some light on the difference of opinions.
I come, from the town of Whitby, now, I have no idea how many of you have heard of this town, I doubt sincerely that any Americans have, 'tis and English town, the town with the harbour, I name it 'the harbour' not because it is the only one in the country, that is falsification and idiocy to believe that. But, because, it is the harbour which Bram Stoker overlooked for inspiration, and a basis upon which to write the novel 'Dracula'. It is books like these in my opinion which gave sense to the lyrics of 'gothic music', now, not all is dreary, though most is, and it is from that, that i deduce, in my opinioon forthcoming, that, it is in the state of mind, not fashion, or musical taste which the term 'goth should preside'.
RisingDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
RisingDemon

Forgive me, a rather belated introduction, as you observe, my screen name, is RisingDemon, my true name, Thomas, and my adoptive name, from which all those around quench there linguistics, Breckon Vanderstock. (Von-dear-shtoke.)
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
††BlackRose††

Welcome to the boards!!!

You're from Whitby? That's cool. I haven't been there before *sigh*. I was actually born in England, in a embarrassing little town close to Heathrow airport. :P

Well enjoy your stay.
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
Wormboy

Welcome to the boards Thomas. Enjoy your time and try not to abuse the commas too badly ^.^

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:19 PM   #5
RisingDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
Welcome to the boards!!!

You're from Whitby? That's cool. I haven't been there before *sigh*. I was actually born in England, in a embarrassing little town close to Heathrow airport. :P

Well enjoy your stay.
Mmmm, I'm somewhat too melancholy to use the term 'cool' except in direct quotation, but, yes, anything is better than Heathrow airport.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:21 PM   #6
RisingDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Welcome to the boards Thomas. Enjoy your time and try not to abuse the commas too badly ^.^
Yes, I hope I do, and forgive the commas, I do suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and, I'm afraid, commas, are one thing under my diagnosis.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
Wormboy

oh, it's groovy then. I just thought you were a gramatical rapist =) If it's ocd then no worries.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #8
RisingDemon

Quote:
oh, it's groovy then. I just thought you were a gramatical rapist =) If it's ocd then no worries.
*Sighs* Grammatical, I believe, unless it's a different spelling where you live. However, I doubt, that any sentence there, should be commenced, with a lower case, letter.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #9
Wormboy

... SHHH! hehe. Ok so I **** grammar too, along with spelling. Leave me alone =P hehe You seem pretty cool. Stay around, we need more cool members so we can outweigh the trolls.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #10
††BlackRose††

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingDemon
Mmmm, I'm somewhat too melancholy to use the term 'cool' except in direct quotation, but, yes, anything is better than Heathrow airport.
Exactly. LOL. I live in a way better area. Although I still miss some aspects of England.

Oh come on you live in the town where Bram Stoker seemed to be influenced by so you say. I think thats cool. You can easily be inspired to write something or draw something.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #11
RisingDemon

Quote:
... SHHH! hehe. Ok so I **** grammar too, along with spelling. Leave me alone =P hehe You seem pretty cool. Stay around, we need more cool members so we can outweigh the trolls.
Trolls? I am not 'cool' I prefer cute. Cute is much better. All the American grls say I have one of those 'cute' English accents, though I'm never quite sure what they mean.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:43 PM   #12
RisingDemon

Quote:
Exactly. LOL. I live in a way better area. Although I still miss some aspects of England.

Oh come on you live in the town where Bram Stoker seemed to be influenced by so you say. I think thats cool. You can easily be inspired to write something or draw something.
Did I say anything of the sort about requiring inspiration? This dreary dark harbour outside my window could easily allow me to write something. Although, my skills of creating stories are not amazing, for your information, though you probably know this, being a goth does not instantly make you an intellectual. That's what a pair of glasses is for ^^. Hehe, I wish it were true, I should be amazing, I have so many, creative ideas, I know the way the story should be, mentally, but, I can never, write it down, that's where my poetry comes in.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:16 PM   #13
RisingDemon

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Poet, Librarian.

2. Where are you from?
Whitby, True home of Dracula.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Terry Pratchett, not gothic, but, frankly, I love his works.

4. What are your favorite films?
Why on earth would I have an interest in films?

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
IF I ever find someone, I would have to go for the basic love songs at the reception.

6. At your funeral?
Ahhh, at my funeral, I plan to be extremely sick in the taste.
Always look on the bright side of life by Monty Python, and, So long and thanks for all the fish, from the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Why would any gothic website wish to know this? Goths are not all suicidal whatsoever. Seems completely erroneous that you're stereotyping on this site. But, I would like, a wooden cross to represent the basis of life, I would like to be crucified to it with wrought iron nails, to represent how we manipulate the natural earth, and a golden barbed wire crown on my head, to represent the pain that wealth and greed cause in this world, all consumated by a circle of blood mixed with riecin, I believe. Within 24 hours, anyone who touches the substance will die, this will represent how much blood has been spilt through war etc. So, relatively gruesome.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I wish my body to be left to rot. Nothing to prevent the natural decay.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Favourite, as I'm english. No make up, no black hair, a black long tailed shirt, unbuttoned at the bottom, so as the tail flows behind slightly, hair undyed and naturally blond, an inverted pentacle around my neck, and yes, blue jeans. Not ALL goths wear black, much is the assumption to some.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

11. What's your favorite band?

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
What's a major?

13. Why did you join?
Because I felt like it?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #14
††BlackRose††

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingDemon
Did I say anything of the sort about requiring inspiration? This dreary dark harbour outside my window could easily allow me to write something. Although, my skills of creating stories are not amazing, for your information, though you probably know this, being a goth does not instantly make you an intellectual. That's what a pair of glasses is for ^^. Hehe, I wish it were true, I should be amazing, I have so many, creative ideas, I know the way the story should be, mentally, but, I can never, write it down, that's where my poetry comes in.
Oh well. LOL. You can only improve.

I know my poetry is not the best, but I will say that people like my anger/vengeful poems a lot. LOL. I write stories and am currently writing a novel. I'm getting very good feedback on the progression of the events in it which I am really happy about.

Wouldn't be interesting that once you become a goth your intelligence increases? I NEED MY 90 average (which is prob like an A* for you)!!!!! hehe.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #15
RisingDemon

Quote:
Oh well. LOL. You can only improve.

I know my poetry is not the best, but I will say that people like my anger/vengeful poems a lot. LOL. I write stories and am currently writing a novel. I'm getting very good feedback on the progression of the events in it which I am really happy about.

Wouldn't be interesting that once you become a goth your intelligence increases? I NEED MY 90 average (which is prob like an A* for you)!!!!! hehe.
Ummm, nope, never did for me. Mind you, saying that, im extremely poor at school, I read oh so much, id say, over, 2000 books so far in my lifetime roughly, wide vocabulary, but due to certain disabilities, ill never be wise enough to put pen to paper and create stories, I have short term memory loss, and another five afflictions, so, not too good in my opinion. Id be smarter had I not had these, and, saying im not too good, I came like seventh in a national math challenge.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #16
††BlackRose††

Are you serious??? Wow. OMG and you aren't calling yourself smart???
Comming 7th in a national math challenge is really good. Especially if you have short term memory loss.

I'm not doing too bad, but still I wish I had the 90 average. That way I wouldn't need to be stressing about university. lol.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #17
RisingDemon

Quote:
Are you serious??? Wow. OMG and you aren't calling yourself smart???
Comming 7th in a national math challenge is really good. Especially if you have short term memory loss.

I'm not doing too bad, but still I wish I had the 90 average. That way I wouldn't need to be stressing about university. lol.
Yeah, well, the problem is it wasn't just math, it was simple logic and things.

*Sighs* I still feel so redundant. Anyway, this should probably all go in the other section.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #18
††BlackRose††

Well if its any consolation, you sound intelligent.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #19
RisingDemon

Quote:
Well if its any consolation, you sound intelligent.
*Shallow laugh* I'd rather not go morbid. *Sighs* Getting late, and I need to meditate, perhaps, another hour...
Old 10-25-2007, 02:31 PM   #20
††BlackRose††

Alright then. Have fun meditating and all that.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #21
RisingDemon

Quote:
Alright then. Have fun meditating and all that.
*Blinks* It's never 'Fun'
Old 10-25-2007, 02:44 PM   #22
††BlackRose††

LOL. I say that when things aren't really 'fun' as a sort of sarcasm.

And I was trying to be nice! :P
Old 10-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #23
RisingDemon

Quote:
LOL. I say that when things aren't really 'fun' as a sort of sarcasm.

And I was trying to be nice! :P
*Sighs* I do realise, I just don't take well to sarcasm lest it resonates from my throat.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #24
††BlackRose††

Oh okay, my bad. :P

Then again you can't tell a person's tone of voice on here or on msn which really sucks.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #25
Green.Lady

Yay for big words! And vampires!

Nice to meet you, welcome to gnet!
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote