Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
AngelikDemonik

Tips for my hair.

I have picture in my profile, for starters. Ignore the blank, deer in headlights stare I have going on...

Anyway, I'm very bored with my hair, and would like some tips as to what to do with it--Colors, styles, etc. It's VERY curly, for starters. It's currently a nice burnt orange color (it was burgandy, but faded rather quickly). Secondly, I cannot dye my hair any type of un-natural color, per my work. Thirdly, black is not an option. I'm naturally blonde, and in my opinion, there is nothing more trashy and mall-goth looking than blonde roots coming in on dyed black hair. I'm also a poor college student, so dying the roots every two weeks is definately not in my income. Plus, it can't be that good for your hair to dye it that ofen, anyway.

I don't even know if any of you could give me tips after all of that ^
But, if you could, it will be well appreciated =)
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Delkaetre

God, that one second from last looks like someone I know in Sweden. I think she's in Germany now.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
God, that one second from last looks like someone I know in Sweden. I think she's in Germany now.
It better not be Rowena...

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
AngelikDemonik

I appreciate irony and sarcasm, so thank you. But I'd rather have crappy looking natural hair, than crappy looking synthetic hair.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
Delkaetre

Rowena? Nah, I'm fairly sure the Swede's name is not Rowena.
Angelik- Synthetic hair is fun for clubs sometimes, easily taken out, doesn't require as much maintenance. A good set of falls made from genuine hair gives you instantly long *natural* looking, non-crappy hair. Just gotta remember to buy decent stuff.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:36 AM   #7
suture-self

In defense of fake hair...you can do some really cool things with extension hair...in fact it doesn't have to be fake at all. they sell HUMAN hair extensions too, you know.
suture-self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 AM   #8
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by suture-self
In defense of fake hair...you can do some really cool things with extension hair...in fact it doesn't have to be fake at all. they sell HUMAN hair extensions too, you know.
I didn't mean that all fake hair (and by fake, i mean hair that is not yours--human or made out of plastic) is bad...because it's not. When done properly, it can look very attractive.

Some people just go way, way too far with it, and end up looking like they got into a fight with an arts and crafts store. That's what I meant.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
I appreciate irony and sarcasm, so thank you. But I'd rather have crappy looking natural hair, than crappy looking synthetic hair.
Well what do you expect, really? There's threads dedicated to just hair. Did you not maybe think to look at them for ideas?

And I dont think any of that hair is "crappy".
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Well what do you expect, really? There's threads dedicated to just hair. Did you not maybe think to look at them for ideas?

And I dont think any of that hair is "crappy".
I did try looking, but I didn't find any posts on short, orange curly hair. Most people are blessed with long, straight locks. =/

Beauty most definately is subjective. I've never thought that big, excessive falls or hair is becoming on anyone. However, is that one photo from "Hairspray"?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #11
electrosexual

Dunno to be honest. I just google imaged the lot. Google image is your friend when it comes to hair.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:58 PM   #12
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Dunno to be honest. I just google imaged the lot. Google image is your friend when it comes to hair.
Google image is a friend, in general.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #13
Lolly PopMuzik

Hmm, why not go Jean Harlow and make it platinum?
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:45 AM   #14
drewsilla

Wow, you have some amazing eyes!

Your hair looks ok to me! If you don't want to dye it, then don't, b/c that's a hard road to come back from, BELIEVE me! I'm totatlly wishing I had not bleached the underside of my hair so I could dye it red. It fried it something aweful!! The effect was cool to begin with, but I hate dropping $7-$8 dollars on Manic Panic every week to keep it up. I plan to dye it all blue black to start over again.

Do what Electrosexual suggested and Google you some hair pics. You can do so much with hair products!! That way you can have the cool hair you want and not have to worry about what your job has to say. Just wash out whatever hairstyle and go!
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #15
AngelikDemonik

Awh, thank you =)

I was thinking about going white-blonde...I know it's very, very hard on the hair, though. My friend is a hair stylists, so maybe she could hook me up with some realllllly good conditioner.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #16
Dancing_in_rain

Well...if you have short, curly, orangey hair, think of going with the flapper bob look...you could dye your hair a bit darker and streak it with some psychedelic colours. Fuzzy nimbii all the way!!! WOOOT!

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote