Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
††BlackRose††

Unhappy I'm worried about a friend...

I have a friend who's also in my class this year.
Suddenly he stopped talking.
Like completely.

Usually he's hyper, and always trying to steal my things as a joke.
Then one day I walk into class and his head was on the desk, and he didn't even try to talk to me the entire period.

My other friends also noticed that he wasn't talking to anyone of them. My best friend thought that he was mad at her.

I go on facebook and read his status and its really concerning. It says "is suffering.... dying.... crying... inside, he wonders why he did it... he wonders why he did this to her. He's slowly fading away from life..."

He doesn't talk like that! I tried talking to him about it, but he admits not to be okay, and twists and turns his words. He says that he is as fine as the people who got struck by Katrina. I don't know how to help out or anything, but I hate it when my friends are that upset and I can't do anything about it.

What should I say?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
††BlackRose††

I am honest here, I think he may commit suicide.
Fuck.
I don't know what to say.
I don't know what happened.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
††BlackRose††

I have never been through a situation where a person was that serious with suicide so I don't know what to say. I'm worried as you can probably tell.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
silverbaal

The only thing you can really do is to talk to him. Like, show him how serious you are. Get him alone somewhere and get serious. Obviously he posted that message online so he wants someone to see it. He must want help. If you know something's wrong, don't just ask him, "Is something wrong?" Get to business. Say, "I've seen the way you've been acting lately and i've noticed the way you've changed. We all have. Obviously something is wrong. You're my friend and I don't want to see you this way." Be gentile but firm about it. Being playful about it helps too. Like, "Come on! Tell me what's wrong". Instead of trying to force it out of him.

I took the warm little body in my hands, kissed the smooth face, caressed the long hair, - then strangled him and buried his body under a mountain of corpses waiting to be cremated.
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
††BlackRose††

I am trying to talk to him about it, but he's not telling me what's wrong. He's saying things like there is no life in life. I'm trying my best to get it out of him. I know it doesn't help that it is through facebook.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #6
silverbaal

Try to get some of your friends in on it. Like try to get more than one person to ask him if he's ok. It'll make him feel loved and cared for. How long have you guys not been speaking to him? Are you sure he isn't just on a pessimistic woe-is-me trip? Or you really think he's serious?

I took the warm little body in my hands, kissed the smooth face, caressed the long hair, - then strangled him and buried his body under a mountain of corpses waiting to be cremated.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
silverbaal

Who do you think the "him" and "her" are in his quote on facebook?

Old 12-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #8
††BlackRose††

Well he's not one to be pessimistic,
so I'm guessing he is serious.

I have to talk to my friends about it as well. He is refusing to tell me himself so I have to see what everyone else knows and maybe I can tell them what he's on about.

All I know is that he's been through serious issues like his father was really abusive and everything.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
††BlackRose††

Oh that.

Him is Robin.
Her is... i think it's the girl that he likes. I forgot her name though.
He can't be upset about that. She's brutally turned him down like twice last year.

I think it's best if i just ask my friends.

Thanks for your help though!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
††BlackRose††

I just realized that g.net is counting up my posts!! :O
Old 12-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #11
silverbaal

If it's that serious you might want to consider getting him (you could even if he won't) to seek council from someone who handles abuse cases. Why does his father abuse him? I'm assuming it's not initiated by the person in question and it's not some form of discipline. Does he have any marks? Maybe you can get the father arrested if you have evidence. With the proper people involved to help you, you should be able to help him. There are probably people near you that deal with family abuse cases. Maybe he can stay with his (Assuming she is alive) mother or some other relative? In any case, I don't know the whole story. So it might not have anything to do with his dad. You should talk to him. I am still hear if you need me. But i'm a little ignorant of the situation since i'm not there. But I can give you basics. I wish you luck and I hope you all be well.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
silverbaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
Oh that.

Him is Robin.
Her is... i think it's the girl that he likes. I forgot her name though.
He can't be upset about that. She's brutally turned him down like twice last year.

I think it's best if i just ask my friends.

Thanks for your help though!
See! Well that's a bit of information I didn't have..

Good luck, then.

P.S. Well, that's his current quote on facebook, right? If so, especially with the last part about life, if he means it at all in the way you think he does, she certainly does seem pivotal in the whole scheme of things.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #13
drewsilla

You need to have an intervention, face to face, with him. I bet that all his friends are worried about him. You need to take initiative, and soon.

Don't wait until it's too late. You see the signs, now it's up to you.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #14
Breathless Horror

Like the others said, try to talk to him. Also, if you're not the type of person that would find this odd, sneak up on him and drown him in a big hug, or try to find other ways to let him know you care and want to help.

Best of luck, and I hope he turns out okay.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #15
††BlackRose††

Okay so I talked to my other friend who he's more open to and I asked her what he said exactly.

So he feels sad and upset since he thinks he doesn't belong (which is weird since he knows and talks to almost everyone in the school) and thinks life is over for him since he is getting reocurring dreams in which he dies.

I am still trying to talk to him to see if I can get through, but then again it comes back down to his willingness to take a look at himself and change his perspectives. Changing someone is a very hard task. I suppose the only way to do it is if we talk to him and make him believe that he must be more positive.

Well I suppose that we will have to wait and see what will come of this.