Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Questions For My Blog?

I run an alternative fashion and beauty blog: http://bohemianizationfetish.blogspot.com/

I need questions for next week's post, so if you could email me here I would be eternally grateful
Old 12-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Eh...you seem kinda bitchy in there.
Don't wear velvet shirts because that isn't what they wore in the Victorian Era?
Uh. I'll wear what I want.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
Xombie

I actually don't see the point of it at all. It's great advice if you want to be the fashion police. People should wear whatever they find appealing, not necessarily what YOU think makes them look sexy. When I read this, I kind of put myself in the shoes of somebody who cared about the blog, and these were my thoughts: "Darn, I'm a heavy guy, so I guess I can't dress like a nerd anymore." I mean, if a guy wants to dress like a romantic, so be it. So what if it's not the most flattering thing?
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
Miss_Hazie_Lane

I agree with you completely, but some people are shy and worry that because of their body type they can't dress in away that expresses themselves in any way, so what I was doing was suggesting ways for people to overcome their shyness and dress in a way that makes them feel attractive and expresses their personalities. Beyond that, I'm a makeup artist and licensed aesthetician , if anyone is having issues with application, or finding product that works for them I can help out with that too.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Eh...you seem kinda bitchy in there.
Don't wear velvet shirts because that isn't what they wore in the Victorian Era?
Uh. I'll wear what I want.
It's not meant to be bitchy, and it's only a suggestion. It's meant in the case of period era looks which look "off" if they're inaccurate. I'm not saying people have to, it's just meant to be educational so that people have the option to make an informed decision.

As I said before, I'm not going up to people and saying "YOU HAVE TO WEAR THIS" it's more for people who need suggestions as to what to wear. I'm all for individual style, but some people need a jumping off point so they can get ideas. This is an article for them
Old 12-16-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Not to mention that I merely object to badly made velvet shirts made of ill made material. I think they look a bit silly, not to mention that such material rarely lasts long, and so is rarely worth the money. If one wishes to wear a velvet shirt (or velvet in general) it's better to invest in nice velvet as it lasts much longer.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
Mon Coeur Noir

Okay. I have a question for you:

Is there a way to draw on your eyebrows without having to shave them all the way off? I once saw in Kevin Aucoin's book 'Making Faces' that there was a way to do this, but as I didn't buy the book I forgot how to do it.
Mon Coeur Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Hazie_Lane
Not to mention that I merely object to badly made velvet shirts made of ill made material. I think they look a bit silly, not to mention that such material rarely lasts long, and so is rarely worth the money. If one wishes to wear a velvet shirt (or velvet in general) it's better to invest in nice velvet as it lasts much longer.
That wasn't included in your blog. You said "velvet shirts."
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
Miss_Hazie_Lane

O_O it wasn't... *checks* you're right... I also left the end off the section on suggestions for athletic women, must be dementia coming on. As to eyebrows one should use witch hazel to remove the oils, apply spirit gum heavily, and then flatten with a finger tip until dry (but don't wait too long or it'll get too tacky) then use a theatrical eyebrow wax (I like Kryolan brand for this) and need it between your fingers till it's pliant, apply full coverage foundation (mac has a nice one) and powder down, and remember to practice, practice, practice
Old 12-16-2007, 08:09 PM   #10
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah...
I like you, but I'm going to thoroughly abhor your site because of the name. It's a matter of principles.

You simply can't call something "Bohemian" and then talk about fashion!
And even worse, Victorian fashion at that!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #11
Miss_Hazie_Lane

*eyebrow raise* I never said it was bohemian, it's in reference to the way being in a place like Williamsburg (brooklyn) for more than an hour immeaditely causes one to start wearing buddy holly glasses and tight pants...
Old 12-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #12
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Which is of course the current appearance of "bohemian" young un's
Old 12-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #13
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Hazie_Lane
*eyebrow raise* I never said it was bohemian
But that's the name of the site.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #14
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Bohemianization Fetish... doesn't necessarily suggest the content is bohemian, it's my culture and style blog. Since I hang about hipsters a lot, it's a humor thing, and a lot of it is going to be commentary on hipster culture, show reviews, music reviews, etc, scene news